>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"

Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Brazucka

Thanks a lot washka.
Soon Ill update the image.
Brazucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
Brazucka

Ok, I think now I have all I need
to Iagos scene. Now I just have
to paint the details, refine shapes,
etc.

I thought really hard to get here,
but I am pretty happy with the
results until now.

Hope you like it.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
AbdultheNewt

I really like the action and energy of this composition (and I'll stay away from the nose picking jokes ). I also like how you made the hero much beefier than the first sketches.

You could add a little more depth to your scene by having the giant push his left hand even closer to the camera.

You've got great intensity on your hero's face and also good anguish on the giant. This shot really does a nice job of capturing the moment just before the fatal blow that you can feel is coming.

Can't wait to see how it progresses.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
He has Akuma, face sweet.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
I totally agree with AbdulttheNewt. The composition is quite dynamic and explosive. Any idea of what you're going to put in the background?
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
Brazucka

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the comments and suggestions.

washka: Thanks man. I wanted him more humanized, you know...
M_Cederstrom: I guess he is a distant cousin of Akuma, haha...
AbdultheNewt: He is grabbing Iagos right leg, haha... How can I improve that, to make it look more convincent? I think Ill also try the closer to the camera version you suggested.
zanman:I thought of some smoke and clouds, a very intense sun light and maybe a wall of rocks, like a canyon, with a few secondary characters watching the final battle. What do you think?

Ive started roughing out the colors, but I guess that I still need to change some details first...

Hope you like it.
See ya.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #22
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazucka View Post
M_Cederstrom: I guess he is a distant cousin of Akuma, haha...
That work for me
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #23
Brazucka

Todays latest update. I am
so tired, gotta go to sleep...

Last edited by Brazucka; 12-11-2009 at 05:06 PM..
Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #24
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
nice work.
I liked that pulse around the arm, but it seems you've let that idea go...
You could try folding his two outer fingers, like he is bracing for the punch!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #25
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. 
Total Awards: 8
uuu realy cool buddy , an idea from me you can make the scene darker and the hole in his hand to have some strong light, the same for those lines on the hand, plus you can make highlights on the monster body where that light should be casting i think it will make the scene look more dramatic (hope i spell it right ), aniway this will be a cool scene, good job
Old 12-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #26
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
hmm nice

i agree wth everyone about the bg. and i like j.b.'s idea too.

when i frst took a look at this page i thot that u made a goku and space ghost fusion lol.

but hes looking great right now.

for bg , may be show them fighting on dojo grounds or near ruins.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #27
Brazucka

aby arty: Haha... Thanks man. I guess Ill keep the ruins as bg.
J.B.: I agree. Since Im not a pro, Ill take care of the GI at the end. And the hole will have a really bright shine, great idea.
hulahuga: After of taking care of GI, will be SFXs time, haha...

Thank you all for your great and kind suggestions, and for keeping motivating me, really.
Heres another update. Slowly, but always, thats what I say! Haha...

Hope you like it.

Last edited by Brazucka; 12-11-2009 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Bad english issue...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
AbdultheNewt

I really like how this is coming along. One composition (again, me with the depth comment) suggestion would be the coincidental line between his left leg and the giant's shoulder. I'd recommend bringing the knee in front and pushing the shoulder behind.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
Brazucka

Great tip! Thanks

Ill make it better, but
heres a last update by
now.

Last edited by Brazucka; 12-11-2009 at 05:26 PM..
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #30
Brazucka

This guy kind of "ate" some alien technology, hehe...

PS.: Gonna be out for a few days, because of work.

Last edited by Brazucka; 12-11-2009 at 10:59 PM..

Tags
brazucka, challenge, hero, speed painting, threedy