>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 22-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Chrysophylax

DWIII - 3d - Chrysophylax - Fujin Kamikaze

name: Fujin Kamikaze
race: human
sex: male
nationality: descended from japanese
class: warlord
artifact weapon: the swords of the four winds
element: air/wind

background:
As the Sword of the Four Winds passed from generation to generation, they came into the hands of a young but skilled warrior, Fujin, named after the ancient Japanese god of wind. It soon became clear that in the hands of the young Fujin, the Sword's true power, thought only to be a myth, was finally awakened. In time, Fujin's skill and power with the Swords earned him the name of Kamikaze - The Divine Wind.

more to follow
Attached Images

One must first be a student before they can be a teacher.

Last edited by Chrysophylax; 27-02-2008 at 04:38 AM..
Chrysophylax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Chrysophylax

a question regarding my own character before i actually put some concept sketches up...

would my character be able to have 4 similar weapons as long as they only used one magic element? i want my character to be a warlord that uses 4 swords with the power of wind. one sword for each of the 4 winds (north, south, east, west) that could be combined and used together... kinda like cloud's 6 swords in final fantasy vii. the more sword-artifacts the character used together the more powerful the elemental attack. in a sense this is one weapon divided into four pieces... but those pieces could be used independently so i wonder if that still fits the rules?

Old 22-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
PhxFire
Habitual Keyboard User

Wow...that's a pretty great idea, but I doubt it's allowed. Said pretty specifically, "Your character must wield a single artifact or a pair of similar artifacts (two scimitars, two daggers etc)." So I don't know, but I do know you'll also probably have an issue with the whole air/wind ordeal. It's supposed to be air/lightning *(which I know, is a bit of a tough one to combine together).

But judging by your creativity levels, you should be able to come up with something that'll work just fine. :P Take it easy, and I'm excited to see what comes of this....
PhxFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
neosorcerer

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
I think wind is covered under air so that's not a problem. You are only allowed to have 2 artifact weapons max, but if you had your weapons combined in the final images no one would know the difference right?
neosorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
Chrysophylax

i had figured that wind fit in the the category of air... otherwise what would be controlled by air?

as for the weapons... i asked about them in the questions thread and big-toe seemed to think they'd be allowed. but just to be safe i'll call the swords 1 weapon made up of 4 component weapons. afterall, if the element is air and he controls the 4 winds... the 1 weapon is the 4 winds, he just has the ability to use each of it's components separately.

probably to avoid confusion i'll have to make him carry the 4 winds as the single giant shuriken so that it's clear that it is one weapon. if i do that i'll have to rewrite his background just a bit to accomodate. thanks for the crit phxfire. last thing i want is to be disqualified for too many weapons.

Old 27-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
Chrysophylax

so... it's been a while since i updated.... so here's my concept thus far. as you can see i've changed the sword from what i have for the background info of my character. i'll be changing his story soon.
Attached Images