>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 24-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
surgeincy

DW III-3D-surgeincy-Buddha Summoner

New to the forums. Thought I'd take my chances in the War this year. Crits welcome. By the way, what is the official logo? Is it the triangle w/ 3D Total underneath? If so, is it ok to use just the triangle as I think it's a cool symbol on it's own? Thanks.

Crappy sketch, but hope the idea comes across. Basically its a tripple symbiosis. The tentacled portion of the beast evolved with the body after infecting it as a parasite and took over it's nervous system. The tentacles are sense organs that perceive all vibrations in the fabric. The buddha has the same ability and in the hour of cruel invasion upon their peaceful monastary, have linked with the beast, giving it a new mind's eye and himself all the protection he needs. The bubble around him is an energy field. I imagine the beasts as being bred by the buddha as guardians prior to the war. Anyway, might try my hand at some more concepting before modeling begins...hopefully I'll carry this through.
Attached Images

Last edited by surgeincy; 25-02-2008 at 01:52 AM..
surgeincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
surgeincy

Idea for the head. Going to do a revised concept on the body. Comments/crits welcome.
Attached Images

Last edited by surgeincy; 25-02-2008 at 04:30 PM..
Old 25-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
holy sh*t! The image made me go "...woah..."

It has some real depth to it, I hope that your creature's body can instill the same effect.
Old 27-02-2008, 05:48 AM   #4
surgeincy

Thanks chaos. I'll probably work alot of the creature out in 3d, but will throw up another sketch probably. Here's an idea for the buddha. Figured he needed an artifact so this is like a chacra medalian to help him harness the life force... er something.
Attached Images