>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Digital Painting "The Lonely Soldier"

Old 01-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Aviv

Aviv - The Lonely Soldier

Hi all!
you could say I'm new even though i visit 3d a lot..
i really liked the new topic so i decided to try my best

concept :

Last edited by Aviv; 01-12-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Aviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Welcome to the fourm.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
also welcome and good luck, tell us what your concept is. it's hard to tell in its early stage.
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Aviv

thanks M_Cederstrom and omegamista glad to be here

As for my concept the idea is that
a dark cloud which has a destructive force destroying everything in his way..
the lonely soldiers watching this destructive cloud tear his city a part!

I want to emphasize that despite the chaos raging the soldier is calm and
showing no emotion he is not afraid at all.

I'm trying to figure out how exactly the soldier should look like ..
is there a strom all around ? or if is there an invasion ?

here is a small update :

any c&c or tips are welcome!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Welcome too! You'll see, it's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
i like the painting strokes.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
pipo506

if you decide to go with the distractive clod, i believe that there should be some sort of wind blowing from the Shock wave the Distractive cloud produces. but if you chose to go with the invasion then id say no nature effects are needed, but the solder should be running towards the city to stop the invasion. other wais what kind of a soldier is he?
pipo506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
a shock wave would look killer!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
reminds me of the cloud from the new "The day the earth stood still"
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
Aviv

mannn... it's not fun when you comp suddenly decides to stop working!!
at least my wacom is safe!

i didn't have too much time to work on drawing .. i hope to finish this one

washka : Thanks! it sure does takes a lot of time! but still a lot of fun!
pipo506 : yes i definitely need to draw some wind from the shockwave.. maybe some sort of blizzard ? smashed windows ?
as for the soldier i'm not that good at drawing figures .. im not sure how he should look like , thought maybe drawing him from the back standing still while this chaos is raging.
omegamista : just saw the trailer of the movie , that cloud looks great!

what other things I can draw that could convince that this is a shockwave ?
maybe some flying fractures from the buildings or is that too much destruction from a shockwave ?

i will post some updates soon
Old 27-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
you will.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Aviv

M_Cederstrom : Thanks! i must finish this one i almost never finish my paintings not a good thing..

here is a small update :

its a little dark but i will add some more lights and color to the burnning buildings
still trying to figure out how the soldier should look like ..

more to come!