>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Digital Painting "The Lonely Soldier"

Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
Great topic...

TheMightyMass@There will be an entry even if it's a scribble on a napkin.

I'm with you TheMightyMass. I'm gonna finish this one for sure.

Last edited by zanman; 02-12-2009 at 04:47 PM..
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanman View Post
Great topic...

TheMightyMass@There will be an entry even if it's a scribble on a napkin.

I'm gonna finish this one for sure.
that the idea. Haha :hehe:
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #18
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
It's soldier or solider?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Soldier, you got me.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
OmG I'll be off theme again, I had a real nice idea, btw Big toe: Could you change my thread's title? The correction is in the last post of it. Sorry to disturb your great plenitude great master of the thread's name and thanks.
Maybe I should have said your highness, it would have fit better.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #21
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
cool !!
and just the person i wanted to see here - vnmribaya

@vnmribaya lets trash each others lights to the max

though after i see his awards..... MC care for some fusion ?

@Bigtoe sir where do we suggest for next chalenges for thes new cchallenges?
jajaja u got it, lets trash each others lights then, aby arty its nice to have u in the comp too, cheers man
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #22
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
are you saying you want to draw a character, then model him? That's a great idea.
...No, I think I expressed myself badly, in fact, I wanted to make a 3D base to transform it into 2D painting, an example that I made
you can see the animation of the construction of the image at this address
http://www.christiangonnelle.fr/decompose.htm

anyway I started in 2D and I would do anything in 2D there are no mistakes have

final shot
Attached Images

Last edited by chris_solo; 06-12-2009 at 06:09 PM..
chris_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #23
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
yeah, that's fine too.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #24
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
thanks big toe for the edit to my title.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #25
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
no problem.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
sarrous

Send a message via Yahoo to sarrous
Does the Character in this one have to be Human? Or can we go off world with it?
Eg. End of the world but not Earth some other world?

Many thanks

My Blog:
http://sarrous.blogspot.com/
sarrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
It's soldier or solider?
I can see it now; Look out Nick Fury's Howling Commandos, here comes Big Toe's Solider Soldiers! Dishing out soldier-like justice in a state so solid, that gasses and liquids have no chance.

I'll put this one aside in case a comic book challenge ever comes up.

Matt
TheMightyMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrous View Post
Does the Character in this one have to be Human? Or can we go off world with it?
Eg. End of the world but not Earth some other world?

Many thanks
I guess off world characters are ok.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 12-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #29
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
gasses and liquids have no chance.

They'll all be headshoted by a giant meteor rain!!!

Can't imagine it. o_O

Old 18-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
digitalinkmind
mind traveller

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Great theme!Im in!
digitalinkmind is offline   Reply With Quote