>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Digital Painting "The Lonely Soldier"

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #31
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Hey M! Sounds good as a start, the first attempt was becoming impressive, pretty unusual style coming from you! But do what you are most comfortable with for now, but try to do some new approaches, it always adds exeprience =D
So, the atmosphere is getting good, liked the buildings you did...as an architecture student, I suggest you to search about Italian futurism, I think it would fit very nicely with your work! =D

I don't know if I'll have enough time to make something, so...be ready to receive lots of comments from me! hehe

Keep it up!

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #32
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
Aby - Thanks well the line art is finish with a ink pen, but before in ink it, most of the time I'll pencil it first. Then I scan it in at 300 dpi in gray scale, i never do it in black and white because I'll lost some of the line work and detail. Once i have finish scan it The rest is done in Photoshop with my Tablet.

as for the nudity, why I add in was, to add a little sexiness to the drawing but I'm think of taking it out, I'm not sure yet.

by the way get your but in this challenge.

TimWinkelman - Yeah that the idea i was trying to get. you have a good point about the orange hair standing out better with the back ground. Thanks.

Resenhista - dude I'm sad you might not make it, it always fun to have you join the Challenges. yeah the first two where out of my comfort zone, I kinda did those out of fun, but also to work up an idea. thanks for the suggestion about Italian Futurism , that sound like a sweet idea trust me I'll look in to that.

o make sure you bring lot of comment, i can't get enough.

Later guy and really thanks to the comment.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
I am REALLY liking this scene. The buildings and the color choices kick ass. As for the nudity, i like the butt, but a cutout for the boob? eh...
her left butt cheek is super small compared to her left thigh size, also her face seems a little small... or something, idk. I really like what you got going here, keep it up.
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #34
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Thank Omag. I think i well fix the boob then.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #35
CLP

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge the Lost Jungle 
Total Awards: 4
likin the line art and crazy perspectives man.

cant wait to see more wips
CLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
cant wait to see more wips
+1
Don't remember who makes the comment, but this time he started with some nice background.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #37
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
love the girls design... keep on going man! I also liked the WIP images your showing.. thank you!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
wow, i just check your updates, really nice mc, u“ve been working,i really like the sexy girl, and how she dressup in the morning, to reach the night half naked, jajaja, and the background is the best, really nice alleys, and colors congrats mc, waiting for more!
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #39
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Hey guy thanks for the comment I have an up date to post, I didn't get far on this one, i had the day off but my wife had me go every where today. I Promise a better update next time. I still have a lot of rework to do on this thing.

Later guy.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #40
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I'm liking the feel of depth you got going on.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #41
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks big toe.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #42
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
mr.m. youve improved a lot since the last time i saw your work
I have a few crits. Im not sure if you already know, but if u hold shift in photoshop and draw you can draw straight lines. sme of the building elements look a bit wonky to me, not sure if you were going for that or not. also i kw its still early but i would suggest bleeding some of that light from you strong purple sky into your environment.

super cool work otherwise and i enjoyed looking around the pic and enjoying the details.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #43
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks Freaky... Yeah i did that to try to make the building look unstable i didnt want them to look perfect. I make sure to add that bleed as well.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #44
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
just as well; I love the colors, composition of the picture is really good.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #45
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
It's getting better, agree with depth (Big T), and with light's color (Freekybevis).
Maybe some more work on hand and gun?
And talking about birds, nobody is on the city, so no light is on, total desolation, nice, I like it.
But maybe just one little light is on (a survivor?), far far away on the background? There is some smoke there so maybe one of the window got a light on?
That's for the bird!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote