>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest Headlines

Old 20-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Kristopher Lee

The Cutty Sark - 3D Palace DVD Release

(I apologize if this is the wrong section)

The Cutty Sark: New 3D-Palace DVD Set

This is a whopping 15 gigs of step by step, video tutorial spread over 3 DVDs. This project will teach the student/3d artist everything that they could ever need to know regarding how to use modern 3D software in order to recreate classic sailing ships.

May 19, 2008 -- 3d-Palace is happy to announce the official release of its newest DVD set, the Cutty Sark! Using 3D Studio Max, you are taught step by step over three DVD’s the skills you need to create this classic sailing ship.

The methodology can be used in all types of vessel easily including modern Warships and early era longboats. The use for a set like this is wide in scope, from Advertising to Film and Television all the way to video games. This set can be used to create high and low polygon ship pieces that can be used in all forms of digital media.

The Cutty Sark ship model holds up well in close up and distance shots to a very high resolution. Its textures on the hull initially perceived as plain black are actually layers of texture starting as a wood with a black tar and gloss over the top that is only truly visible when viewing the ship close up. The skills learned in this set cover everything from poly and spline modeling, texturing and much more.

“From watching this,” said Brandon Long, purchaser of the DVD set, “I think I can probably manage just about any high detail ship project and I learned so many useful ideas and methods. Thanks 3d-Palace!”

For the actual release thread and tons more info, you can click HERE. Or if you would rather skip straight to the online store, click HERE. The Cutty Sark will be available for digital download the week of July 20th.

3d-Palace – Home of the Largest Free Video Tutorial Library on the Web.
Kristopher Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
15 GIGZ!! thats crazy. i wouldnt take it if you gave it too me for free. well it does look nice but whatever.