>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #121
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Did a quick paintover of Amanda Seyfried's face to give you some construction comparison to go by when correcting the face.

Choose her specifically because her primary lines are far from a picture perfect construction model, so you should get some idea of what you can tweak to get a more youthful face. Plus, she has one of those unique faces that already looks stylized.

I also put in a couple light landmarks to look for, but nailing the facial triangle should be your primary goal.

If you can block these shapes relationships a little better, then go in and start refining the details, you should see some dramatic improvements.

A few things to fix on your model:
- Cheeks are too high up.
- Aside from being wider, the nose needs to go up more into the eye region. Right now it's starting on the same line as the lower eyes making it look way off.
- The mustache region (idk what else to call it) sinks in too much, push it out some.
- Get those eyebrows arching further up, nothing sells a womanly face more.

There is definitely more, but this should be a good starting point. I'm sure a lot you can pickup on from just the picture.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 01-04-2011 at 09:26 PM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatCrispy4004! Thank you:
Cordero (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #122
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
washka: clothing is coming up! found a lots of good jewels and stuff to make.. I think I'll take stuff from the East

Warlock 279: Thanks! Ur right, I'll look into that!

Crispy4004: wow man, great help! I'll get working by this right away
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #123
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
so trying to make the face better ...
wanted to post this up before moving up subdivisions

what do you think?
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #124
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Here is a quick paint over with a few proportional corrections, and other changes I would make:
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Great Crispy4004! For Thanks for3:
BiG ToE-3DT (02-04-2011), Cordero (02-04-2011), ServantOfTheNoise (02-04-2011)
Old 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #125
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
looking great but for me i think jaw is too wide and thats what is throwing the proportions off keep up this amazing work

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #126
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
ha crispy noticed it b4 me

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #127
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Body props of da girl starts to stabilize nicely.
You want something human looking, or?

I visited le Louvre two years ago, you can make some lovely "encounter" there, did some interesting photos too.
Here's some lovely accompanied dog, lucky dog.
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #128
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Crispy4004: Thanks again for the input! Gonna use this, and try fix her up!

liquidbear: thanks! gonna fix that

washka: cool photo! I was thinking about two butterfly shaped (or just something that flies) blue spirit circling around the head of the sitting goddess, but these dog is kinda sweet to. But she will definitely have company Thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #129
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
my only real problem with your model.. is her ass.. it looks too nice.. if you know what i mean.. no womans ass looks that smooth and round and what not.. there is always something shapely about it.. if you know what i mean..

otherwise cool thread.. looking forward to see the final..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #130
yangkang

nice
yangkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #131
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Neil_F01: Thanks! She is a god, she can have a perfect butt

yangkang: thanks!

boobs will be fixed, since I modeled them "hanging" and now I realize they will be covered so their shape will be a little bit more rounded. first ides with the clothing... wanna make the back to show lot of her, because I think thats a surprising element in a turntable video, when you would expect her backside to be covered as much as the front, and she uncovered
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #132
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
Are those complements some king of lotus flower? Good point on the surprise factor there Great tanga!

I took a look at the techno nurse on the Making of's in the main site in order to fix my anatomy, the volume on the arms add a lot of "movement and action" feeling to the sculpt even on the base pose. It's worth taking a look.

Anyway, it might look strange in a younger body, your decision!

I like this wip a lot, great ideas and tips.

Blog
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #133
Cordero

Awards Showcase
can you link the making of? I can't find it

in the hair it was based on a lotus yes, but I wasn't following it strictly, added some jewels and stuff. The necklace is some kind of a flower/sun symbol.. just made it, and I think I'll stick to it

Glad you like the thread
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #134
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
Here you go! http://www.3dtotal.com/tutorial/3d_s...hanurse_01.php

One of my faves!

Blog
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #135
mix_mash

Jewelry in her butt crack. It had to happen. It was the only logical choice, huh?

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote