>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
andreygheorghe

Send a message via Yahoo to andreygheorghe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I think I will manage it,the whole block is made from one 256 for the panels,and 2 128 for windows until now...Of course,I need to add some concrete,some bricks and others,but they can be used elswhere on other geo.I've only used like 1/3 from my texture space...
Attached Images

Last edited by andreygheorghe; 03-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: update
andreygheorghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
karyaali
we gonnaa die young :)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place In SMC #92 
Total Awards: 2
cool looking good...waiting for final work mate
karyaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  
little update
Max render
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #19
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
I know it's an early work, but this is kind of showing the problem with the texture space already as it looks very low detail already. I would seriously consider adding some more polygons to the model to break it up some more so that you can be more creative with the texture map and get more detail out of it

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
I'm not so worried about,since this building will be like 40% visible from camera for final render.Adding another polys it's not an option,since I'm at 10k,and I want to add some foliage,and others(bricks,some wood pieces).The most visible area is the ground level(including asphalt)...so,if I have to add some details there is the place.
And,ultimately,I'm counting on UDK fantastic material ed,specially on vertex paint.Anyway,after I'll apply the normal map,I hope the flatness of texture it will be somehow masked....
Old 14-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
some foliage test
Attached Images

Old 14-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
looking good but you have some repetition going on there. Give it a tweek.
roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #23
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
It's only a test to show my 3 types of foliage/grass.They will be imported into UDK and scattered more proper,with size variations,rotations....
Hmm,I also think it looks good,if you keep in mind it has less than 256 *256 maps(probably 180*180 pixels).
Old 15-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
car textured
Attached Images

Old 21-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #25
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
no spec & normal
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
andreygheorghe

Awards Showcase
that's it, more or less the final shot.Maybe some color correction,some light tweaks,will see...
Attached Images