>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
JonathanMacDonald

JonathanMacDonald - Finish It

Hi guys,

I have only just checked the forum and realised this was going on!! DAMN IT!!! I will do my best to get my Vampire finished. (been meaning to do more on it) Still no skin texture and have body to do so I may be a while
Attached Images

JonathanMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
not bad, what do you have in mind to finish it?

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
JonathanMacDonald

Hi BiG ToE,

I was thinking of putting him in a suit, maybe a fashion style pose. That way I wont really have to worry too much about background modelling and texturing. A simple wall and ground will do.

I've attached a reference I may use...what do you think? Good idea? Maybe the same type of hair aswell with a bad ass moustache!
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
that's a great idea. Vapms are known to be seductive.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
GreatBiG ToE-3DT! Thank you:
JonathanMacDonald (07-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #5
JonathanMacDonald

Thanks, just gotta get round to it now.

I'm just finishing building my DIY Cintiq this weekend so hopefully this will be the first project I'll use it on.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
Post pics of this diy cintiq you speak of also.
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (07-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
JonathanMacDonald

Hi Kaiune3D,

I will do once it's finished, it's my first attempt so don't judge too harshly. I will say that the next one I'm doing will be laser cut and higher quality materials. This one I'm completing now is with just some pieces I had around the house. I'll keep you posted on both my model and DIY Cintiq.
GreatJonathanMacDonald! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (07-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
JonathanMacDonald

DIY Cintiq Update

Hi guys,

As promised, here are a couple pics of my DIY Cintiq. I did say in a post before that it's a little rough round the edges so don't judge to harshly I will be getting a proper case sorted for it and a new screen (unfortunately through adjusting the screen position while measuring it all up, I accidentally damaged the display circuit board, hence the line of green pixels on the screen.)

I have used a Wacom Intuos 3 A4 PTZ930, a 15" LCD Screen and some hardware to power the screen and allow a DVI-HDMI display lead to be connected. All levels of pressure sensitivity working and almost completely jitter free. (some jittering by the very bottom right of screen due to the placement of the CCFL inverter, doesn't bother me though).

Now to get onto my Vamp!!
Attached Images

GreatJonathanMacDonald! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #9
krayzgerman

That's pretty nifty, I wonder if I could do something like that with my old I2.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
JonathanMacDonald

Thanks, I don't see why not? You just have to be lucky with size of the sensor area matching an LCD Screen really. Mine is A4 so its perfect for a 15" LCD.

A wealth of knowledge is over at http://www.bongofish.co.uk/ I hope linking to external sites isn't frowned upon!?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Link all you want , aslong as the site is safe there shouldn't be any problems.

Nice head sculpt, looking forward for the rest.
Cool diycintiq too
JonathanMacDonald (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #12
JonathanMacDonald

Thanks MStandar!
Old 16-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #13
JonathanMacDonald

Some tests on the suit!!

Hi guys, hope your all well?

Sorry for not posting anything sooner, been a little hectic as of late. I have managed to finish up the base of the suit and ready for further refining in zbrush. I did a test render in Vray to see how I liked the texture for the suit and it came out pretty good I think. There's no buttons or such as of yet, like I said just finished up the base. Onto the fun part now!!

Cheers for reading
Attached Images

Old 21-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #14
JonathanMacDonald

Suit Update

Hi Guys,

Managed to get a render for of the suit and body together, Still no skin texture for the body yet. Just a standard Vray SSS for the skin at the moment.

I feel I'm done with the suit at the moment. Going to move onto the skin texturing and the Hair. (the joy! )

Cheers for looking!
Attached Images

Old 21-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #15
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
looks good.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
GreatBiG ToE-3DT! Thank you:
JonathanMacDonald (21-07-2014)