>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Speed Painting Challenges

Old 02-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Exclamation #90 - Drunk

Speed Painting Challenge no. 90

Topic: Drunk

Idea: Lets say your on spring break with your buddies, you hear someone calling for help. A child is stuck under a keg of your most favorite beverage, beer. You have to save this child's life, but the keg is just so heavy not even the strongest man can pick it up. You have an idea, empty the keg of it's fluids, then easily lift the massive metal barrell from the childs soon to be lifeless body. Your not one to waste, so instead of pooring the tasty drink on the ground, you grab your lucky 32 ounce cup and begin filling it up. Drink, drink, drink on lookers yell. You down the whole keg in record time, your name is plastered all over the news as a hero. There is just one thing, you don't remember a thing, because your drunk.

What does drunk look like to you.

Deadline: 11:59 pm (GMT) Sunday April 12th(use the time zone thread to make sure your done in time)

Rules:

- Any medium is allowed, as long as it can be put into digital form - scanned, photographed, etc.

- Since it's a speed painting, it should be finished in the smallest amount of time possible, but if you paint a whole day, you won't get disqualified . But for example, 4 days is too much

- IF YOU PAINT MULTIPLE ENTRIES, YOU NEED TO STATE BEFORE THE DEADLINE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST. IF NOT ILL DO IT FOR YOU
- References can be used - 3D or photograph, BUT you can't paint over them. It has to be your own painting.

Custom brushes can be used, but to some extent - they can't be pre-made parts of the future painting, like a whole tree, brush, cloud, an explosion, lighting... you get the point. They can be - a couple of leaves, a couple of grass blades

.Post Your Final Work In Here.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Best comp ever. I have no ideas whatsoever, but I will definately have to create something for this just because the topic is so amazing.

-Matt
TheMightyMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Rush_23

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Wow... drunk.. what a topic!

Think I might need a beer to stimulate the creative juices
Rush_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_23 View Post
Wow... drunk.. what a topic!

Think I might need a beer to stimulate the creative juices
Yes... "creative juices"...

Maybe this is a bad idea, everyone is going to get so plastered on 'creative' juice that they won't be able to complete their work.

I should have a WIP tonight.

-Matt
Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
hello, this is my first entry, when i see the theme i got no clue what i can draw... so watching tv i see star wars cartoon, some revolts on the news, what should i do, so i combined the star wars with the drunk man power , some drunk people are sad, some are happy, and some think they have super powers.... the alcooforce be with you, hope you like it
Software: PS
Time: 2:30 h
Attached Images

Last edited by J.B.; 07-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: forgot the timing
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
jiaa drunk...hahaha my topic. drunk as a lord !!!

Last edited by CHAO5; 16-04-2009 at 06:38 AM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
here is my entry. Hope u like it...

Photoshop, one bottle vodka and 1h and some min
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 08-04-2009 at 01:41 PM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Chao5: Funny/Disturbing, yet well-handled concept. It looks like it should be the DVD cover for Shallow Hal.

JB. Funny stuff. I like the use of color. You should make your fat guy look a little more inebriated though.

Gosh, I need to get moving. Distractions, distractions.

-Matt
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Drunk eh! I'm in, off to do some painting.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Here's mine. About two hours in photoshop, slower than i wanna be. I think i'll try and do another one.

EDIT

changed my mind. I'm not gonna do a second one.

Last edited by miycko; 12-04-2009 at 08:39 PM..
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Rush_23

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Hmm, didn't realise how close to the deadline it was.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Postal Pete

First time using Corel Painter.

Nice entries, everyone.
Postal Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Rush_23

Awards Showcase
My second submission, I prefer this one. About 1.5 hours.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #14
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
hahahha nice rush
Old 15-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
So when are the winners gonna be announced??