>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest Headlines

Old 15-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
WebWolf
Speed Modeler

Send a message via ICQ to WebWolf
Short "FALLEN" now online!

Hello there,

finally online, here's my short "FALLEN", which was done mainly in summer 2007 and (the last shot polishing) finished after a long break in February 2008.

Have a look at the HD-Version!

http://www.animation3.de/moving.html

http://www.animation3.de/resources/a...n_qt_small.mov (direct link to the smaller quicktime version)

Regards

Wolfram Kampffmeyer

Credits: Directed by Wolfram Kampffmeyer and Sascha Geddert | Modeling, Rigging, Animation: Wolfram Kampffmeyer | Shading, Rendering: Sascha Geddert | Compositing: Sebastian Nozon | Music and Sounddesign: David Christiansen | Produced by Stina McNicholas (Production Company: Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg)
Attached Images

----------

Last edited by WebWolf; 22-05-2008 at 05:51 PM..
WebWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
LadyEvey

Excellent I am downloading it now and will be right back to let you know what I thought.
LadyEvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
LadyEvey

I am back, I enjoyed it. Sorry it took me a day to get back! Very clever.
LadyEvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
WebWolf
Speed Modeler

Thank you, Lady! Glad to hear that you liked our film.

----------

Last edited by WebWolf; 23-05-2008 at 10:17 AM..
Old 22-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Good stuff! I've really enjoyed your film. I've seen your previous work years ago, but this clearly shows improvement. This deserves a frontpage plug, but I've already choosen my plug of the week. Maybe in 6 days, if another mod won't notice it.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #6
WebWolf
Speed Modeler

Hi Freespace! Yeah, we talked some time ago... If I remember right you weren't in the 3DTotal team yet :-)
Just wanted to check out your TITAN movie but the link doesn't work (anymore).

[edit] The warping-sequence of your TITAN II project ist quite impressive! (although the character animation and the lipsync needs some improvement...)

----------
Old 27-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #7
Rachel vd M
Rachèl van der Meer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  SMC 72  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge SMC 74 for making a camera Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge  #68  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: nd place in a speed modelling challenge #66 -  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''pirates'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #68  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
great movie, aswome smoke effects too!

i wish i was this far with animation
Rachel vd M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #8
Josiah
Aka: Joser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
love it

---------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Yeah. It says in the Bible to only judge an opinion by its production value.
I'm shutting it down. Like some kinda...thread stopping ninja.

-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------
---------------------------
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 04:51 AM   #9
Ilkejav mk5
Marquis of Montréal.

Send a message via MSN to Ilkejav mk5
very touching... charmingly simple story, and beautiful imagery... congratulations.
Ilkejav mk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
madm4tt
Designer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Very Emotional... I like it, did you used any plugins for the sea?

What program & render engine did you used?

Bye
Old 27-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
WebWolf
Speed Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madm4tt View Post
Very Emotional... I like it, did you used any plugins for the sea?

What program & render engine did you used?

Bye
Hi, please contact Sascha Geddert for the questions concerning Effects, rendering and plugins. sascha [@] geddart.com is his email address.
All other questions (modeling, rigging, animation, the textures of the character) feel free to ask me :-)

Regards

Wolfram

----------
Old 27-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
Wilbert

Great work!
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
SpAiK

Hi WebWolf, the QT version link is not working. I'm impatient to see it!
SpAiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #14
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Congrats on the Frontpage plug, well worth it.

It seems the server hosting my old Titan movie has gone down. I'll have to reorganize things soon. I'm hard at work on my new animation, which I've just started recently.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
You nailed a lot of the important aspects of making a great short film, congratulations.
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote