>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge

Old 21-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #31
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
and two own simple base meshes for accessory
We've given this option before, and I think people enjoyed it. It's definetely coming back.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #32
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Gangsters of the thirties
I love this!

Perhaps more suggestions of "types" of things, like 1960s disco dancers or WWII pinup girls ... ooooooo, pinup girls!! What d'you reckon?

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
julienN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWire View Post
Alien house pet
Funny concept. You got my vote.
Old 21-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #34
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Gangsters of the thirties, alien pet and pinup girls. Hmmm...

Old 21-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
how about real life/awesome versions of cartoon characters? Extra bonus points if you can make a really lame one awesome.

example:
Attached Images

AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #36
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewQ View Post
how about real life/awesome versions of cartoon characters? Extra bonus points if you can make a really lame one awesome.

example:
I think it would be nearly identical to Challenge #4.

Old 22-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #37
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
freespace sir and Lyn maam,
consider these please.

1)archies
2)dragons( u cud give us a zsphere quadraped build up and well make a dragon)
3)lets take a break fom organic ,lets do stuff like cars transformers or a scene may be
4)if a hot looking alien-demon was to rule the wrld ,how wud u like him to be, sculpt ur imagination.
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #38
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Quote:
real life/awesome versions of cartoon characters
--haven't we already done that one? it was popular if I remember, so good idea anyway!

Quote:
freespace sir and Lyn maam,
consider these please.
All suggestions in this thread will be considered; we're keeping a record of all suggestions from everyone

how about cyborgs...? (sorry if already mentioned, i'm still sleepy )

Old 22-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #39
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
@Lyn maam oh i know u wil consider but i emphasize coz i post ideas evry now then and it will be easy for ya to shotlist that way.
secondly as u say u r still sleeping i have to give u some "caffeine" to be heard :P
Old 22-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
I'm awake now

Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #41
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Talking

hmm it seems lyn maam woke up and all others went to sleep

ill get some life in this dead thread, here ya are :

1)futuristic car
2)"Reebok wants u to design their next premium sneaker, and they want u to go crazy"
3)a wood modellers shack (scene)
4) hidden treasure uncovered ( scene)
5) most artistic hairdo (well have lots of hair practice )

ya i know all above ones are inorganic, coz i feel we need a change from the manotany of organic an faces seriously. scenes base meshes can be primitives placed like in a room thats all.

1)the kiss
2)dance
3)a treat at pizza hut (mmmm XD)
4) the lost city
5) towards paradise riding on a camel

these are expression based ,scenes mostly , but they are more organic than above .

1)fishermen
2)rockstar
3) archaeologist
4)entrepeneur
5) cobbler
6) the jet pilot
7) soldier(the huge hulk type , wth game like styling , somone ho can use rocket launcers wth one hand )
8)the clown
9)the ice skater lady
10)sorceress (emphasis on clothing )
11)dragon king (bored) sitting on his throne ,and hear his ministers blabber
12)the mafia
13)doctor
14)scuba diver
15)kungfu teacher/ sensei (yeah something hotter than the third in naruto)

these are profession based, or role based, these are broader concepts.well if patient these cud awesome scenes too.

oh lol i can go on and on , ill cut off the list here , coz if its too much lyn maam will sleep again XD.

would like to hear everyones feedback on these

p.s. we cud have a z-sphere build up too for a change i guess.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #42
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Another idea

Just had another thought on a couple of other possible topics:

1) Sculpt the animal that you'd want to be reincarnated as (real not fantasy).
2) Gods. Only 'real' 'existing' ones from actual religions (buddah, jesus, ganesh etc).
3) Kick arse magical/powerful weapons.

I'm sure some of these topics have already be touched on but just thought I'd keep the ideas flowing.
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #43
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
I think it would be nearly identical to Challenge #4.
D'oh, my bad.
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #44
Orrin Hogan
Formerly DaddyOH

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''MOWED DOWN'' 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynette-3dt View Post
I love this!

Perhaps more suggestions of "types" of things, like 1960s disco dancers or WWII pinup girls ... ooooooo, pinup girls!! What d'you reckon?
I've been wanting to do Pin-ups for a long time!
Orrin Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #45
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
I think so too, Daddy OH but no-one else is really showing much love for this topic Any one else think Pinups for a future challenge? The next one has already been decided, but we should start getting some thoughts together for the following one after, so lets hear (see) your thoughts everyone!