>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge

Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #91
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
umm sir for inorganic scenes or room based topics.

it shud actually be a room wth 2 adjacent walls wth a floor.

and 7 cubes for the stuff inside the room, ths is enuf i guess.

ask the seniors how the 7 cubes shud be placed in the room cuboid.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #92
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
my wife hmmmmmm
im thinking something like the girl singer from the fifth element

btw personally i feel that the time limit is ok ....prob a bit too long though

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #93
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
8 hours was an extended time limit for the dragon challenge. Our standard is around 5-6 hours.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #94
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
ah that makes more sense

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #95
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
@pedro sir : how abt a month long challenge , 90 hrs duration, sculpt 3 hrs daily.
I don't have issues about long lasting contests, I just don't think they fit the Speed Sculpting criteria.

Your idea could be cool for anyone who has this kind of time available. I find it very difficult to have three hours a day to do any personal work.
When I have three hours a week is already a lot, and that's why I preffer the really short Speed Sculpt challenges. 3 or 4 hours (five the most).

But that's just me.

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #96
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
@ liquid haha lol aint she too blue?

@pedro sir: actually my idea was abt when u said long durations shud be for different challenge altogether, so i gave what the other challenge cud be.

now for the speed sculpt , i agree busy people will find it taxing on their time.
but i believe there are exception who do a winning entry in a fraction of the time given, thts why i said long hours are fine.

now to rectify this imbalance , what we can do is provide diferent levels of a basemesh which will have a duration attached to it .

so every one can use the basemesh accrding to their time cmmtments.

what say freespace sir ?

My 3D Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #97
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
aby arty: That's an interesting idea, but it goes against our principle of having everyone start off on equal footing.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #98
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
hmm sir we cud make different threads for different duration ppl may be.

or else , its just that those who dont want more than 6 hrs challenge , they can try final it out in 6 in more than 6 hrs challenge.

like if one dsnt have 8 hrs , he shud take out 8 hrs wrk in as many hrs he goton his hand.

theyll just have to sculpt fast or well have to disect the challenge.

My 3D Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #99
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the input, aby. We'll consider it in our next staff meeting.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #100
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
ur welcome, and me waitin

My 3D Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #101
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Aby arty - Yeah man, any type of contest/challenge is great to gather people around a given theme. It's always fun.

I'm sure it could be cool to have some extreme contest as the one you thought about.

Not sure how many would really cross the finish line, but it would be cool to watch

Manufato
Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #102
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
we want u in it, dsnt matter if that requires an autopsy of the challenge

My 3D Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #103
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
lol

Manufato
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #104
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
aby- of course she will be blue blue and shiny hahahaha

Old 03-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #105
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
@ liquid - but wont then ur babies be mistaken for blue baby syndrome

lets give freespace sir some free space to decide , and meanwhile lets wreck havoc in speed painting ideas

My 3D Thread