>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 17-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
well, I had a few minutes , so I throw down a quick sketch...it´s not what I was going for previously for Gneetch´s pet, but I´m a littlebit concerned about the polycount... this one would probably take less polygons than the big fella, which I still want to draw. And I am going to as well.
Attached Images

kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
kravo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I had a rough day (not to mention the last night...), so my creativity is.... I probably left it at the pub. Anyways, I tuned up the last sketch...that's the 2nd idea for a "pet"...
Old 18-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
kravo

Awards Showcase
and here it is, the big fella'.
I'm a bit braindead tonight, so that's all for today I guess... I should work on it a bit more.
Anyways, I'd be really thankful for some feedback about these two creatures, and for some ideas about the polycount...
cheers guys, and keep working!
Old 18-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Of the two pets i think Sebasthian seems stronger and more up to the challenge of ripping each and every enemy to shreds rather than sitting and chewing on carcasses. Yes, it's Sebasthian for me.
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

If you really wanna make it creapy you should place the hand off the knee and on to the p*ssy
Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #21
kravo

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beriadan View Post
If you really wanna make it creapy you should place the hand off the knee and on to the p*ssy
who told you there´s a p***y?
Old 20-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #22
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
This looks really creepy! I'm wondering how this may look in 3d!
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
kravo

Awards Showcase
I started to work on another idea... this one made me a bit worried, all my characters are assymetrical, I don´t really see who could I put everything on a 2048x2048 map...
Old 20-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #24
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Sebathian is really cool. He would totally freak me out if I saw him on any battlefield lol. Texture space is at a premium, so I can understand that. Can't wait to see your new idea.
Old 21-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #25
kravo

Awards Showcase
so, ladies and gentlamen, here's the big idea:

they're just a bunch of looser little demons, but they never give up. They defenately know how to work in team, as you can see in the picture above.
It's just a quick sketch, and I coloured it for you guys, so you can see, where does one of these things start and where comes the other one.
It's kind of a "whacky" idea, I like it a lot, and I could use a **** load of texture space....I think one guy with 900tris could be...well, probable...
Critics pleeeease!

Last edited by kravo; 21-03-2009 at 01:08 AM..
Old 21-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #26
kravo

Awards Showcase
just for comparison, the original idea, again. One of the puppies should be done as well...

so, comrades, what do you say???
Old 21-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #27
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
The little guys are a fun idea, they look like clumsy spies so i guess fighting they wouldn't do without back-up. Gneech is seriously creepy, the hand on the knee and the exposed guts will freak anyone out. Not to mention her less than perfect smile. I'd go for Gneech although she'd probably eat me alive
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #28
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

I like the small demon's idea looks very diffrent- thumbs up!
Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #29
discmage

Awards Showcase
lol, I love the little demons idea too! Would be a lot of fun and mischief. You could have the one at the top all smug like
Old 21-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #30
kravo

Awards Showcase
many thanks guys, I'll try the little ones,let's see if I can squeeze one into 800-900 polies...I'd have some polies left for shields, sword, whatever
If only I wouldn't have to work all the time!!!!