>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 30-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #46
spider2544

if its all skin tight stuff, there's really no need to model it. you should be able to normal map clothing like that without an issue.

and if it comes down to it that you need to model it, you can always just retopo the model and get the shapes you need. don't feel that your absolutely restricted to the model you've built now, you can always change things fluidly throughout the process.
Old 30-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #47
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
looking cool man, keep it up.
Old 30-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #48
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
spider2544: thanks man, IŽll do the normal maps.
kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #49
kravo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I started modeling the pet. I had to drop Sebasthian's concept 'cuz of the polylimit. So, here he is, the little *******. Teeth and tongue need to be done, and I think I'll have some more polies for a stick, for Gneetch.
Critics are wellcome!
Old 31-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #50
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravo View Post
I had to drop Sebasthian's concept 'cuz of the polylimit.\
That sucks, anyway let's see more.
Old 31-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #51
kravo

Awards Showcase
Indeed I wish it wouldŽve been 12,000 ....
Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #52
kravo

Awards Showcase
Help!!!

guys, somebody pls help me.
I imported my base mesh to zbrush, and as soon as I first subdivide, it messes up the model, it pulls down the vertice on the top of the horn to the bottom of the screen, such this:

I tried out everything, exported the base mesh a few more times, restarted zbrush, the pc, checked the normals, the uv layout, but I can not find what's the reason.
IT ANNOYES THE HELL OUT OF ME!

Does anybody have any idea?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #53
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
What happens if you subdevide the mesh in the original program? Does this problem only occur in Z-Brush?
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #54
kravo

Awards Showcase
no, it doesn't effect it. Interestingly, I already imported this mesh to zbrush, and I could subdivide it without any hickups, but discovered to polies with flipped normals (you know, black hole), I corrected them, and this is what I get now.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHHH.
I get enough grey hair cuz of my job, I don't need it if I do my hobby
Old 10-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
kravo

Awards Showcase
update. nothing amazing, though.
not yet
Old 14-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #56
kravo

Awards Showcase
so, after losing my last saved sculpt, I started over, here's what I have so far:

and

I'm not gonna make this sculpt too dense, it should look like a mixture of rotten flesh, dead skin...I rather focus on the texture.
As for the main character...I still don't know what's going on, I tried to fix the problem as the guys suggested in the tips & tricks thread, now I have two vertices (instead of one) that get pulled to the edge of the screen.
Although there are other things to worry about... for example, my friend's wedding and the....bachelor day I think I'm gonna have a rough weekend, without a single blink at the screen
Old 27-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #57
kravo

Awards Showcase
update.
any thoughts are wellcome!

Old 27-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #58
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
It's been a while man, where have you been? Lets see now, Messed up face - check, gross hand on thigh - check, tities - tripple check . Ok, she seems to still be in the early stages of sculpting, looking good but we gatta take the pace up a knotch, time's running out ya know.
Old 28-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #59
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Proportions are looking good man... I might work
on the folds of the fat to give it more gravity....
Old 28-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #60
kravo

Awards Showcase
thx guys. Yeah I know I don't have much time left, but the last couple weeks were a bit too busy. Bachelor day, wedding, birthdays...hangovers and work. Anyways, I'l do my best.
Polysmooth, you're perfectly right, I have to improve it somehow. It's not that easy as I thought it was going to be