>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
DELTATHUND3R

DWIV-Deltathund3r-Demon Lord

Hi Guys...Im not sure if I will have the time too finish my character plus my skill levels aint nowhere near as good as all of you but here it goes.
Aquatic Demon Lord.
First basic idea..Made demon base with zspheres

Tried various quick sculpt versions using basemesh and few subtool basic arms

By this stage my subdiv set at 8 the head was a little too stretched so I had too decide what head to give this demon.
I started with smoothing out the above head and made a simple head.

Then from that character zbrush sketch I started too make slight variations,

Now this the stage im at.He will have alot more detail and 2 sets of arms a large shell armour and 2 freaky pet sea worms...

I will post the zsphere shots soon as I can.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
vox360

Ohhhh awesome i like!! want to see moAr

My Dominance entry
vox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
DELTATHUND3R

Thanks Vox.
I will try update as much as I can.
heres the Zsphere simple base.

Im currently working on the lower shell armour of octo section.Still looking for some great shell shapes..
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Nice. Like the concept. I think the tentacles look a little noodley right now. Even with tentacles, they can still have some structure to them.

The suckers look great on them though.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wow! We must have had the same dreams, Im doing an octopus-like demon too. Your work and style is awesome, Im blown away! This almost looks like a design from the Metroid series, Fantastic Work! I only hope my character comes out half as good. I need to get my ass in gear.

Good Luck.
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
DELTATHUND3R

Thanks guys.
Puckducker I agree will work on building up tenticles.
khemist000 Thankyou hope my updates are worthy.
Heres one version of lower shell armour 1st piece.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
DELTATHUND3R

Hi,Ive been pretty bizzy the last week.Ive managed some updates more just tweaking forms and getting an idea of where this fella is headed.

last pic the B head is what I will be wrking on.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Very nice! Looking great! I like this a lot. Ill be sure to keep my eye on this one. Keep going.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Hey man, Looks good... from what I can tell. Stick with the plain clay turnaround shots for now. Let people get a good sense of what all is going on. Might get you some better crits.

Keep it up.
slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #10
function

That's coming along really nicely. Can you post full character screenshots? I'm getting confused as to what I'm looking at. :P
Old 09-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #11
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
How did I miss this one lol. This is a great concept, and your sculpt is great so far. The "suckers" are indeed coming out great, keep it up.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #12
DELTATHUND3R

Thanks guys.
Heres where am at with this demon fella.

Ive gotta wrk on tenticles abit more and the suckers on the end of each one have too be added.Then I will work on those facial tenticles and back of demon.
Ty for comments
Old 13-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
DELTATHUND3R

Hi all..Heres a small update..Ive spent a day or so wrking on his bio armour these fellas could be pets but main purpose is too protect the demon...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
DELTATHUND3R

Hello my 3dt buddies.
3 weeks ago my baby girl had a nasty accident.Probably the day of my last post.She had muscle and ligiment damage plus a badly broken arm.Unfortunately I will have no time too complete this.But I will try get it completed one day soon.
I wish you all the best of luck in this comp.All of u have done amazing characters.
best of luck.
Del.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Sorry to hear that man.
Don't worry about this, get that little one taken care of. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.
slangford is offline   Reply With Quote