>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #136
Vladimir Yarmolik

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 
Total Awards: 2
washka, thank you for praising our trio.
Big Toe, it is not clear how I post my entry and if the deadline is still 8th of Dec.

Last edited by Vladimir Yarmolik; 07-12-2010 at 07:17 PM..
Vladimir Yarmolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #137
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Quote from GA forum by FredH

"New info revealed. There are too many questions that need to be commented on. In this light, an additional 1 week Extension will be added onto the clock.

http://www.dominancewar.com/index_hold.html

Again, sorry for the delay."

Do not know if this will be official or not. Anyways from what I have read the Dominance war turned into civil war.
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #138
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
THE WAR IS BACK ON

New Due Date: Wednesday the 15th, 11:59pm

Submition page should be up and running by then.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #139
squarefighter

Lightbulb Substitute

Ever have a big project due at school, but you don't finish it in time, then it turns out you have a substitute teacher so you get an extra day? I feel like that times 7 plus 2 right now. Awesome.

Some really great stuff on here, threedy is going to have a really strong team. Here's where I'm at now. A lot of changes so far:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17578084" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17578084">Newest Version</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4780290">Shaun Martin</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

What do you guys think of the camera? I'm a little worried the cut from the second to third position is too jarring.

ps. I realize the characters will have to be gray in the end, I just have them colored right now to avoid confusing myself.
squarefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #140
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
he kicked that chick, dead in the face.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #141
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Yarmolik View Post
washka, thank you for praising our trio.
Big Toe, it is not clear how I post my entry and if the deadline is still 8th of Dec.
Yeah you guys know eachother right? (thought it a bit funny to have 3 guys from moscow showing up at the same time all being pretty good. Oh god it must be a russian invasion!!! )

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #142
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
hope Vladimir doesn't mind, but I kinda stole his fighting Silhouette idea:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17663843" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17663843">Untitled</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5233653">D Hancock</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #143
Vladimir Yarmolik

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 
hulahuga,
of course we know each other, being friends since childhood and colleagues for more than 6 years until one evil company separated us. It might be of interest that Parkin and Bulgarov (if you remember them) are from our gang as well.

Big Toe,
does not it look so much cooler with silhouettes?
Vladimir Yarmolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #144
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Yarmolik View Post
hulahuga,
of course we know each other, being friends since childhood and colleagues for more than 6 years until one evil company separated us. It might be of interest that Parkin and Bulgarov (if you remember them) are from our gang as well.

You mean Vitaly Bulgarov? :O

Way cool !

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #145
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
I had a feeling that Vladimir, Parkin, Vitaly all hung out together, drinking the same awesome juice.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #146
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I've seen somes of Bulgarov's, marine and abo, he's got some freaking awesome fat-*ss modeling skills. More than decent, I also appreciate Antropus's.

Something you guys don't seems to realize, because maybe you've also been inspired by other legends, it's that you're inspiring the new young generations.

I don't know a lot about Parkin's but if you've kinda the same experience, I think I can bet his work's kinda impressive too.

There is always some evil company that mess da group... : /

Have you never wanted to team again on some project/dream from your old gang? I know that hidden on an old group's history there is always some abandoned secret project that just want to raise again. I don't know why but it's classical on CG groups.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #147
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
is this the last of the gang? you guys seem to show up every year to make threedy awesome for DW

anyways - we are strong in this category.

Bigtoe needs more big motions, the idea is mucho strong but the animation is too subtle.

also - if it doesnt end in a teabagging I'm moving over to polycount permanantly

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #148
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
man, I was thinking an explosion, but seeing as I am in now way going to win, why not have some fun with it. I'll see what I can come up with.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 13-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #149
!ToM
Animator

Send a message via AIM to !ToM
OOOH a extension? I finally got done with finals (which was holding up my progress).

I may actually be able to get something in then!!

...Still need to finish the rig though sighhh.

Great work from everybody!
!ToM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #150
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Vladimir, are any of these guys entering the main comp? I hope so

also, congrats on getting fired!

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote