>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #106
Vrednia
...will never grow up!

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I got third place in the Speed Modeling Challange  
Total Awards: 1
Here is the final version of my clip guys <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17450914" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17450914">Pre-Dominance War V Final Entry</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user718617">George</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I wish everybody luck
Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #107
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Vladimir Yarmolik - your animation is really good, what program and how did you do it so good
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #108
Woody74
Woody74

DWV - War General vs Corrupted

Hey guys. Here's my animation still in linear mode. I have to go in a polish it up a bit but I thought I'd post it to get some feed back. Any suggestions or comments are welcomed. Thanks. P.S. Youtube is messing up the first part of the video. Hopefully it will be corrected with next posts.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UO3G4MBv60?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UO3G4MBv60?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Woody74; 03-12-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Woody74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #109
SektorGektor

draft_02

Threedy rocks!!)))
This is an outline of the fight.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2WSJ-5lEJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2WSJ-5lEJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited by SektorGektor; 04-12-2010 at 08:42 PM..
SektorGektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #110
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I wasn't feeling the last bit of animation I did, so I started over. This is what I got so far
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17480680" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17480680">Untitled</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5233653">D Hancock</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #111
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
guy ya'll work is really going to kill the competition, wow great stuff in here.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #112
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
Big Toe.. is he dancing? You should totally make him wear a tutu and make him kill his opponent during a pirouette with his weapon landing on the enemies balls.. nutcracker ftw
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #113
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
well, it's supposed to be the start of a 3 hit combo. But if it doesn't work out, I'll do a break dance battle. Pretty sure no one else is doing that.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #114
squarefighter

Lightbulb Finishing Move

I'm really glad to have 48 hours extra. I'm still just doing blocking/timing tests. Trying to decide on a finishing move. Here's what I have so far:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17483508" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17483508">Blocking/Testing</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4780290">Shaun Martin</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

What do you guys think? I've also thought about a kind of flip around kick to the head and then he could roll up real fast.

ps. Which two characters am I using? Corrupt and Shadow, right?

Last edited by squarefighter; 05-12-2010 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: Didn't embed properly
squarefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #115
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
I like the head smashing. I wish I could do that to people that just don't understand.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #116
Vladimir Yarmolik

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 
Total Awards: 2
Here is another update.

BiG ToE - I wonder what music he is dancing to ) NIN? If so then the fight is going to be very destructive )
Please, do help me out. I have no idea if I can use some animation of light as you can see in my latest render. Do you think the way I made him smoking would be considered to be a speical effect?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YrVOk6c-akE?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YrVOk6c-akE?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Vrednia - great fight, especially the female character, very dynamic. It would be even better if you could stress some of the moments in the fight.

Tarik2d - thank you, Maya is the software that I like ) liked the work on your website as well.

Woody74 - interesting camera, good thing that one can understand what is going on from the first look. I like big guy's weapon.

SektorGektor - something interesting is going on there ) good camera, cool pose of a devil at the end of a video!

squarefighter - good idea for a conflict !
Vladimir Yarmolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #117
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Vladimir Yarmolik: your FX's are fine. They aren't doing the animation for you. The FX's that are no good would be particles that fly out and hit things, or, lets say a character creates a ball of energy or somethign like that. But your fine with what you have.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #118
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Great animations

Just be careful please, rules say: "No textures or coloring allowed. Entire Mesh should be a single color. Optional: You may show the wireframe on your rendered animation (the wireframe can be a uv map texture applied to your model)."
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #119
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Well as long as the accessories and such are seperate meshes then it is okay Or at least if you go by what the rules say by the letter...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813

Last edited by hulahuga; 05-12-2010 at 06:04 PM..
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #120
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
Well as long as the accessories and such are seperate meshes then it is okay Or at least if you go by what the rules say by the letter...
Indeed you are right. Where are my crayons!
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote