>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 21-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #31
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
. hmmm, didnt knoticed that . i would like to get a golden eye some day instead of post counter trophy . well - some day...
by the way . watch this. its a good inspiration too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kfZg...eature=related
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #32
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Why moving the cam.... A stable one would have fit better. (Ah ah, fit)
paulius-st, she won't make your poly!!! Think and work epic!
One!
Two!

One!
Two!

(Like second concept of da eating souls one)

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #33
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
I saw this girl doing her thang a couple of times before

First sketches looking good, souls trying to escape on the back seems like a good idea.
Old 21-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #34
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Number 2 looks really cool, with the souls and the mechanical bits.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #35
mix_mash

Be careful about the souls trying to escape from his back. It will mean lots of geometry. You can be smart and have one of two actually pushing halfway through his back and others can be just pushing his skin so that there is little extra geometry compared to having all souls as half bodies. Just and idea, though.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #36
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
washka - thanks man. well , yes - she wont do poly work for me but she gives a damn good inspirtation

Cordero,Warlock 279 - thanks guys

mix_mash - thanks for suggestion, but i allready have thought out this issue. i made more souls trying to push through just for visual efect. most of them as you said will just streatch the skin giving the form of their face in agony.

thanks guys for replies. the second picture fits the direction i am going to and now i'll start modeling - lots of sculpting awaits me

i'll post a base mesh when i'll do it
Old 22-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #37
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulius-st View Post
by the way . watch this. its a good inspiration too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kfZg...eature=related

This is WAAAAYY to distracting haha there goes another day off work for me as i drool

i cant wait to see this sculpt it will be epic
Are you making his skin hard rocky type or flesh plus the mech bits look great

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatliquidbear! Thank you:
paulius-st (22-03-2011)
Old 22-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #38
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
liquidbear - thanks man. i wanted to do a flesh type, but now that you mentioned the rocky skin i might grab this idea from you and combine it with flesh - this would give it way more detail cause skin details are so booring and cliche now days and rock skin would give it more originalitie.
thanks again man
Old 22-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
i think best rockafactation would be on the under belly
back rockafacation seems cliché and will be hidden by the mech parts

btw rockafacation is now a word

Old 22-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #40
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
rockafactation , a word? . now days they are inventing too much words .
about this rockafactation - under bely would not be good cause there will be another mouth and other armor parts. i think of this rockafactation in his legs and arms and in part of tail and back and some on chest combined with some glow maps.
Old 22-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #41
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
o cool you could do the glow off souls from the cracks

Old 22-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #42
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
. glow of souls, plain glow, call it how you want . glow is glow .it will be from small cracks cause i dont want it to destract atention from other details.
Old 22-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #43
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
yeah but i mean u could have apha planes with hands reaching out

Old 22-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #44
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
it would be nice but wouldnt it be way too low poly? well i'll think about it in the future. for now i need to sculpt and model the god in high poly
Old 22-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #45
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Well, "way to low poly" is only relative to the scale of the god. If the god is huge, then little hands on alpha cards would work just fine. If the god is medium sized...and the hands pretty sizable to him, then I agree, alpha cards would be too low. You'll have to see what works once you get that awesome high poly made.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote