>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 27-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #46
MrFunk

Send a message via ICQ to MrFunk
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
cool stuff greg...relly looking forward to see this guy in color
MrFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #47
scott242

Incredible sculpt...can't wait to see how it ends up. Really nice transitions
scott242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #48
patient09

success with the art test?

lots of different approaches you can go with texturing. watching for updates.
patient09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #49
gestis

Cool! Like those combinations. Good luck!
gestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #50
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Martin- Thanks man! I sure hope so myself
Neil- Thank you!
MrFunk- Thanks, should help make him pop a bit more.
Scott- Thanks!
patient- Seems like a no, I am meeting with a few studios in LA so we will see where that takes me!
gestis- Thanks!

Thanks for the comments guys! Right now I am working on the Uvs, poly count is at 12500exact..Hope that's alright or should I cut 1 off to keep it below the requirement =P . Really need to get the bake done before I leave so all I have left for the last week when I come back is texturing and presentation.
GregStrangis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #51
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Gettin' nicez. I think you can move a bit this down part (down head+mouth) even more to the exterior (opposite from big belly). "Wings" pack make me think to a carnivorous plant. Texturing time! KIU!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #52
chindian

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Nice dude - I'm loving the sculpt... can't wait to see how the bakes come out on the low geo.... good luck!

Or join my Facebook blog
chindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #53
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Washka - Thanks man, I wish I had more time to play with the sculpt and the model in general but its been a mad rush to finish =/
Thadd - Thanks dude! Here is hoping I can finish FAST

Well long time no post, after I got back from my LA trip there was some unfortunate news with my family, then I found myself in the hospital sick. I leave Tuesday now to go get some tests done and a short trip to Montreal so the textures have been a bit of a rush. Here is a little preview and I will get more pics up tomorrow. Need to finish everything before I leave so all I need to do while I am gone is take pics and upload to the site. Thanks for looking and I apologize for not posting on all these awesome threads but I am definitely watching

Last edited by GregStrangis; 23-05-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Old 17-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #54
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
Here is another update. I will update this post with the shots of the Normals only tonight. Right now there is no Spec map.

Last edited by GregStrangis; 23-05-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Old 21-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #55
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' 
Total Awards: 5
Great job! Skin looks really good. The metal part seems to be too noisy.
Martin_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #56
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
Martin thanks! Yea I agree, maybe after I get back and the contest is over I can retweak it. Yours came out awesome!

Well guys, here is my final shots and I am uploading the final right now. Thanks for anyone who commented on my thread and best of luck to you all in the voting!
Attached Images

Old 23-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #57
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Good Luck! ! Very Original God
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
dark_maggot
Carlos Venegas 3D Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 2
Great job, really disgusting lol.
dark_maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #59
TMNI VISION

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 7
Skin looks great . Good luck man .
TMNI VISION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #60
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Congrats for finishing man, I would have wanted some nicez posing but we all know that gods are capricious, you're on my top 3 for sculpting achievement, like your skin tones/tex, some lill' color contrast could have helped or intermediate focus zones.
I'll finish saying that you've made some amazing concept, and the big work you did was worth it. Gl with voting, great entry!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote