>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 20-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #61
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Ideas, need more ideeeeeeaaaaas. I summon' you ideas!!!
OOohhh I know...
Attached Images

washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #62
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Just a torso? Hmmm...
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #63
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Pushin" a bit.
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #64
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I think you should try to really nail the immortality bit... Is he just not dying, longevity, or is he perhaps seeing immortality in fame or does he even kill people to make them immortal in a sort of anti-nirvana kind of a thing?

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Greathulahuga! Thank you:
washka (20-03-2011)
Old 20-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #65
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
I think you should try to really nail the immortality bit... Is he just not dying, longevity, or is he perhaps seeing immortality in fame or does he even kill people to make them immortal in a sort of anti-nirvana kind of a thing?
Nope, it's just the death itself that fear da golden crabs. I'll represent the young death onto my final.
That's immortality: death can't touch you anymore. (When god's heart/living symbol has been destroyed).

He's the god of immortality because he carry the crabs, and he's mighty because he's mighty, not because he's immortal. The god itself has quite nothing to do with the power he carry, he's just like one big chest. He really don't give a sh*t about immortality, he just like those crabs. His principal power is creation, but indirectly he possesses the gift of immortality, (that's why the other gods call him "God of immortality" or "The immortal").
If gods want it, they can just come and ask for it, but they have to prove their value during the duel, so he's also some kind of judge.

Immortality is the ultimate power for a god because they don't have to fear the death anymore.
Before they are, their only fear is that their eternity end by the hand or power of another god, = their only fear is that death comes and claim their heart when that happen.
When they're immortal they're quite untouchable, their only fear disapear. So it's some kind of big power gift.

If I flip the torso? (Conceptually the god's own creation has to be unfinished, so its body is not 100% complete)
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #66
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
loving this design! -> really nice shapes and form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Dot or splotches katana, I had good masters on threedy.

I go bong with the moon but without hammer then Cordero, I'll start to build on this:
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #67
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Loving these skits washka!
Together, we will dominate the 2D contest.
Old 20-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #68
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Thanks for your comment L3XICON. I think I should build onto my initial concept instead of changing it. But the extra work wasn't completly wasted.

DaddyDoom: We've got a lot of concurence onto others forums DD, but our line will stand against those with rage and glory!!!

Some voting help/point of view comments about those two would be really appreciated, small or big head/fat?:
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #69
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
I would go with the small seems more proportional somehow
although to be honest I saw it not as a head with horns but more of like a whole shoulder mass area like a whole upper body...I hope u dont mind I did a little paint over to show what I mean...and thought it looked awesome that way...not sure if you think the same..but thought I would give my input to it..
Attached Images

Last edited by capitan_popo; 20-03-2011 at 09:52 PM..
capitan_popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #70
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
+1 for small head. its not too overcrouded this way and doesnt look like a big pile of some god.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #71
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Feels stupid without hind legs.

what about adding something like this to the back section?

http://www.visualart.ro/test/data/me...llhound_01.jpg

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #72
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Go with the small head, makes him seem large without an environment. And definitely legs, if not, then just one leg and make him a tripod.
Old 21-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #73
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hulk + Battlechaser + Venom = ???
Coincidence.

I've erased the arms and joined with big gauntlet, I think it works better like this.

Thanks for your paintover capitan_popo, it helps me, my point of view about the:
Quote:
a whole shoulder mass area
is the same. I'll make a small head but with a big teethy smile/mouth.

Thanks for your vote too paulius-st, the big pile would have given weight, gods could be kinda healthy and have some fat, you know this luxury life. But I think we're on the good way now.

Quote:
Feels stupid without hind legs.
I'll make those then Sathe, I prefered the first posing for your atomhawk. The idea of pet company is not bad, maybe two big doggystyled chained ones like this: (attachment ref.)

setschaos: I'll make those legs man, thanks for your vote!

Some fun:
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 21-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #74
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
First one is pretty sweet.
washka (21-03-2011)
Old 21-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #75
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Yeah the first one looks like a Boss!
Keep it up Washka!
lvl99-Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatlvl99-Gamer! Thank you:
washka (21-03-2011)