>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 23-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
she looks a bit too cute/innocent IMO...

as far as the face goes... the armor looks badass but the body looks innocent.

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
DeoxyWater

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
-miclepickle
I think of duel is kind of related to justice or fair game, so there is no need for evil looking, right? If that is what you mean by innocent.
DeoxyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
Is it mean it is dirty?! lol
Nope, it means simple things are usually quick and efficient. You don't need to make some clean work for a quick sketch, and if you use those intelligently, a quick sketch can be a big time gain.

When you're onto the conceptual process, go crazy sketches, that's what I mean, dirty, not dirty, who care?
I think that It is only when you're fixed on your idea that some clean stuff is valuable.
Keep it up man!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
miclepickle

yeah, i dont think she should look evil, but maybe a little more badass...

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
Old 25-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
DeoxyWater

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
-washka
Well, I just like clean sketches....I leave all the dirty one in my head. lol

-miclepickle
badass more....(memo)
Old 25-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
DeoxyWater

Awards Showcase
I finished some modeling over the shoes, adding way more detail than the drawings....hopefully it looks good.

here it is.....
Attached Images

Old 25-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #22
miclepickle

nice shoe ... I struggle with designing shoes... well I struggle with design in general, but especially shoes :P

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
Old 25-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #23
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Wow, shoe looks great! Do you have the rest of the body blocked in? I find I can easily start throwing my model off when I don't have at least a base reference for the entire model to work from.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #24
miclepickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckducker View Post
Wow, shoe looks great! Do you have the rest of the body blocked in? I find I can easily start throwing my model off when I don't have at least a base reference for the entire model to work from.
Id have to agree here... infact I find it helpfull to have a pretty decent sculpt of the naked body, then block in the armor/accessories.

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
Old 25-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
Dueling sure requires cold blood. This calm before the storm...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like a lost soul that duels the greatest warriors out there just to remind them their condition: they are human, finite.

Blog

Last edited by wil_himura; 25-03-2011 at 01:01 PM..
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #26
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looking good!

Keep this up!

+1 with the above comment, that's a great idea!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #27
TMNI VISION

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 7
I like the modeling of the shoe. Keep up the good work .
TMNI VISION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
DeoxyWater

Awards Showcase
-miclepickle
I had trouble desiging the shoe for her too, but when the triangle high heel shape idea fly over my mind, it became whole lot easier. Check the fashion magazine or something should help.

-Puckducker
Yeah, I should do that first.

-wil_himura
Since the setting is the first generation of cyborg, I think the mechine AI still affect by human input data a lot, so they think and form more like a human than totally mechine.

-hulahuga
Thanks for the comment.

-TMNI VISION
Thanks for the comment.
Old 26-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #29
zugok
John

I like the look of the shoe. Have you considered included more of the shoes overall form in other parts of the design, or maybe less even distribution of detail?

Cheers
zugok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #30
DeoxyWater

Awards Showcase
-zugok
I think my design is set....I will add a lot detail when I doing the modeling, but the whole style will stay the same. Thanks for the comment.