>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 10-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #46
Dim

Yay? Nay?

Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #47
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looking good man!

Like how you've made the mix of the Mongol and the deer/rabbit

Right now the face doesn't look very fierce, but I guess it doesn't really have to...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #48
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I think the over all face shape looks pretty good, he needs a bit of a personality tho. Either aged and wise looking [the beard will probably help sell that], or a fierce look if that's the direction you'd rather go.

First pass on the cloth and such is looking good.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
Dim (12-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #49
Dim

@Warlock and hulahuga: Definitely agree, he needs some personality. I'll work on it
Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #50
Dim

Starting on the hair, and it is not going well. I could really use some feedback...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #51
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
It's not too bad, I actually kinda like the look it gives, even though it's not fully reading as hair.

I really like this technique for doing hair: http://www.youtube.com/v/vcNnCCpNaco

It comes from this Fabricio Torres gorilla sculpt

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatPuckducker! Thank you:
Dim (12-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #52
Dim

That's a fantastic video! Some scarification:

Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #53
Pockets
The Common Karl

dang he got f-ed up. i actually like the hair shots from his right side and the back, i like the thick matted hair look, although on the side with his scars im not getting that feeling as much, it might have to do with there are no pieces that curl back up or end that you can see on that side. Also with his horn busted up and his face scarred that much on that side I probably expect some damage to his ear as well considering ears are quite easy to cut and tear.
in any case, this is great work and i really liked the design of this guy from the start.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #54
Dim

Think the sculpt is really coming along

Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #55
Pockets
The Common Karl

my only regret is that i had bonitis!
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #56
theyoonion
Cakes are never lies

ouchy, he really got beat up by zbrush. I really like your clothing, I feel like the wrinkles are really well done, I'm unsure about the fur. They feel like dread locks right now, i think largely due to its thickness. google goat scuplture or god. found these images:

^ I'm diggin this style beard the most

^just a kick ass painting

^interesting horns and beard
theyoonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #57
Dim

Thanks for the refs! That first one is pretty much the look I'm going for. Here's where the hair is now. I'm not a fan of how the beard breaks the silhouette, so I might chop it right off.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #58
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
The beard adds to the silhouette in my meaning actually... If you want to make this more pic fantasy though you could try having hair flowing outside the armor as well...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #59
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
The hair/fur is looking much better now. I can see why you might not like the beard, with it going down into the collar it does create a little bit of an odd silhouette, however I think you're better with it than without it. Perhaps try a shorter beard, see if that's more to your liking. Alternatively, maybe lower the front of or flair the collar open, and see if that gives you a silhouette you like more.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #60
drained spirit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100 posts Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.75 ''the deep sea creature'' 
Total Awards: 3
looks great. For a god, i think a crown would also help to bring in that domineering effect

but, that's only my 2 cents though
drained spirit is offline   Reply With Quote