>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
It's just an idea, you can trash those when you really want to go your way.

Nice update!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #32
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
wow those concepts are really good!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
praveen3d
\,,/,

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Cool

Cool concept!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
Loving the last concept Great work with the brushes here!

Blog
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #35
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Awesome. I love those colors.

Fight in the Dominance war!
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #36
Animill

Love The work!!!

I like how kept the concept of her floating, you gave a strong industrial influence, maybe the extension on the outside can be more simplified and organic? kind of a circular pattern of organic-industrial-organic?
Animill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #37
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Don't hide her right arm with the cloth so much, I can barely see it and it is intergral in understanding the image. Great progress. Glad we nudged you.
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #38
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Looks great, no crits I'd just love to see more. Playing up on the scale I think is going bring a lot more power to this piece as the viewer realizes that this character is gigantic.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #39
yangkang

Machine Design annoying reasonable
Thank you, I need more advice
Attached Images

yangkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #40
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hot stuff man, amazing work. More lightning to emphasize the chara (Upper part robot and ovale background). Somes down big foreground element for depth?
Some lill' glow elements on mechanic part, or push a bit lill' specular to attract the eye up, you know: lilltle lightnings there.
You could also try some sides lightning to detach mechanic part from the background.
Some more work onto background and girl, and some scale elements (+1 about Puckducker's comment).

Those are just ideas/tracks.

Keep it up, great entry so far!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #41
Pockets
The Common Karl

this thing is EEEPIC, loving the scale of it among many other things. keep at it, great great stuff!
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #42
yangkang

New design
Attached Images

yangkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #43
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

insane
Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
The Prime
Registered Abuser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I think that the design you had before this one was better. This one is good, but the other design had a stronger appearance. This design looks a little more clumsy.
Old 18-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #45
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
umm about post 39 dont be so generous with purples, do away with it from the bottom half of the image ,transiton with violets babby pinks and scarlets wud be much better.

you know you could name her V.i.o.l.e.t in abbreviation.

also you could show her floating on a neon disc while her minions are bowing down to her.

and do throw in more visible cog wheels please and yes with extra cheese.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote