>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 23-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #16
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
Added more armor Ill probably make the feet armor next
Name:  more armor.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  72.1 KB
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #17
stalsby

Send a message via AIM to stalsby
When it comes down to it, it's just a bird, you have to get a lot more crazier with it! like some machine guns attached to it's wings, and a victim in his talons!
Old 23-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #18
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
yeah, it is looking quite generic...

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Don't listen to them, not entirely anyway. Its starting to take a really nice shape. I like where you're heading with the armor. I will agree with them that you can push it a lot more yet tho, the wings can be two or three times larger than they are now, think massive feathers, and you can stretch the tail for half a mile. Stuff like that, DO NOT put machine guns on its wings. Bird-gods don't need no stinking machine guns to do their smiting! Sheesh. :P

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #20
mix_mash

Starting to look better but he still has that Dodo bird shape.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #21
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
I do not plan on using any human weaponry on him. Im currently debating on adding some kind of floating weapon though. Or maybe a sling shot loaded with smaller birds.

Im going to through him into Zbrush tonight and play with the size and form tonight.
Old 23-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #22
stalsby

Send a message via AIM to stalsby
I agree with Mix_Mash. Hopefully this can be helpful to the overall design and make it more dynamic and life like. Naturally birds have and inverted knee, so if you give the Metatarsus bone and perhaps the Tibia more of a drastic angle, it will bring the bird to life more. Just a suggestion I think will really help the anatomy.
Attached Images

Last edited by stalsby; 23-03-2011 at 08:54 PM..
stalsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #23
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Like where this concept one is going and the inspiration, dig the god thing, and keep up da good work. (Looking better than first humanoid version)

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #24
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Yea, stalsby is correct about those legs.

This is the kinda thing I mean, really long and flowing. You kinda had it in your concept sketch but it could still be pushed further. You need something that really says godly/majestic. Check out some of those Amazon/rain forest birds if you're stuck for ideas. I look forward to seeing more, its a nice change of pace from all t he humanoids in the contest.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
Kaiune3D (24-03-2011)
Old 23-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
I sketched a bit during my lunch focusing a bit more on the armor and wings. Good call on the knee I will make sure to exaggerate the reverse bend a bit more.

(sorry not the best scan was using my iPhone)
Name:  avi concept.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  190.8 KB
Old 24-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #26
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Added a bit more armor as well I moved the legs back to fix the knee issue. I also made the wings bigger. Removed some unnecessary edge loops. Name:  even more armor.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  57.7 KB
Old 26-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #27
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
I was just sifting through some concept art looking for inspiration for my own model and found some things that could be helpful to you I think.

http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_flying2.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_flying3.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_flying4.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_flying5.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_flying6.jpg

I hope its helpful

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatmiclepickle! Thank you:
Kaiune3D (27-03-2011)
Old 27-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #28
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
I wanted to push the god aspect a bit more so I was thinking on what I could change. So I took out the feathers and added some floating feather like items. I may add in some ethereal glowing feathers around them but I am currently very close to the poly limit.
Name:  prezbbuild.JPG
Views: 332
Size:  87.9 KB

started to zb the head a bit
Name:  headzb.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  25.6 KB
Old 28-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #29
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Definitely liking the updates to the wings, they are looking a lot more dynamic, interesting and powerful right now.

Cool start on the Zbrush, though I'd suggest concentrating on just getting really nice shapes and forms before you start adding feather detailing.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #30
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
The feathers on the head were actually a happy accident. I was playing with the clay buildup and it ended up close to the end result I was going to go for with a much more time consuming process.