>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 30-03-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Korda

Dominace War V-3D-Tehom God of New Beginnings - Korda

Tehom is the void from whence the flood waters came millennia ago and washed away the sins of mankind.

Tehom is a god of dualities he has come to damn those who brought the universe to chaos and to guide the just and the faithful to the great beyond. He has come to bring the end so that there can be a new beginning.

Tehom has deep black skin that is slightly reflective in parts as if it where made from obsidian. He has human eyes but no nose or mouth. His armour is part of him so there are no buckles or straps holding it in place. He is tall and slender but muscular. His sword arm (left) is bare while his right arm is armoured and gauntleted. The gauntlet bears a golden cross on his palm. The cross on his arm is the only colour on him save his eyes as the rest of him and his clothes are made up of different shades and materials of black. He is wearing a wide belt that has the 3DT symbol on it. the belt drapes fabric from the front to just above the knees and from the back wrapping around to join up to the edges of the front and trailing out behind him.

Tehom carries a sword that is long and strait there is another blade that is perpendicular to the sword blade that runs about a 5th of the way up the blade so that when Tehom damns a soul and stabs them through the chest it create a wound in the shape of a crucifix.

You need at least two.
Korda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Cool back story. Sounds like you've already got a pretty solid visual grasp on the character you want to create too.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatPuckducker! Thank you:
Korda (30-03-2011)
Old 30-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to some sketches.

You'll really be pushing your spec and a gloss [spec hardness] maps to pull off that much black. Subtlety will be the key.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
Korda (30-03-2011)
Old 30-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Pockets
The Common Karl

Good luck! All that black will be difficult, but if done well will look awesome. When texturing don't forget that black is never really true black, but just a really dark color.
I totally agree with warlock when he says subtlety is the key.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatPockets! Thank you:
Korda (30-03-2011)
Old 30-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
Korda

thanks guys! I agree that the black colour scheme nay create some difficulties like warlock said I will be putting a lot of effort in the gloss/spec maps. I am also thinking of having a water motif throughout the costume to help give the character more dimensions. Also the colour scheme wont be pure black but different shades of dark grey like pockets suggested and perhaps some very dark blues. I will hopefully have a concept up on friday to show everyone. Ill be looking forward to more comments and criticism

You need at least two.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
Korda

new updates yay

So here are some updates for my entry first up is concept art

concept art isn't exactly my strength so you can expect a lot more detail in the final character but at least you can tell the direction im going in.

Next I have a base mesh.

I started sculpting the head

Im quite happy with how its looking so far

and finally I have the sword he will be carrying. I need to work on the hilt a lot and add some detail to the guard.

C&C would be most welcome

PS anybody know how to get your pictures in your text without having the attached images down the bottom. its a bit annoying
Attached Images

You need at least two.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
Pockets
The Common Karl

One thing that grabs my attention and keeps it in the concept is the eyes. I think giving a lot of love to the eyes would go really far for this guy, make them piercing as all hell as if he can look through you as if youre not even there, because to him you arent. That's what I'd like to see in the 3d model, I think that'd be bitchin. Keep at it
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatPockets! Thank you:
Korda (06-04-2011)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
He looks more like God of Ninjas, hehe!
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Cool start. I'd say the forehead of your sculpt is a little too far forward, but it's a pretty minor point right now.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #10
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I agree, the hilt of the sword needs some tuning yet, the blade looks pretty sweet tho.

Watch the mass in your sculpt, the proportions, length wise, in your base mesh look pretty accurate, the heads a little tall [stretched on the vertical], but arms/legs/torso all look pretty good relative to one another. But you've got some weird mass issues, like the really skinny legs, inflated upper arms, kinda pinched in elbow. It's all stuff that's very easily fixable in your sculpt, and you're likely well aware of most of it, but I thought I'd mention it just to make sure it doesn't slip between the cracks.

The face sculpt looks pretty good so far.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #11
Korda

So no update for a while even though I have been hard at work on this.

I wanted some opinions on proportions because im not quite sure of them. I also have an updated sword. Ive been working pretty solidly on the high poly in maya doing the armour.

-Matt
Attached Images

You need at least two.
Old 18-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #12
Korda

Updates!

Updates!

Highpoly
Attached Images

You need at least two.