>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #16
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
should i setup the things so that the attention is more attracted to the face???
+1

Use element dynamics, shapes, to point there.
No hint so far, I'll wait the first wires. Keep it up!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
ok, i followed your suggestion, here is what i've got

i've setup a gradient on top, cause i were thinking that in the texturing phase, i could try to shift color from dark to light as i come closer the head, this should focus the attention on the head more, or am i wrong??? O_
waiting for critique, maybe it's better if i start to model something now XD
Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #18
Pockets
The Common Karl

I like the drawing, I really do, but when I look at it I don't see God of Restoration. I see...God of Spiky Deviousness.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
thanks for your comment pockets, well i think you'are quite right btw, the character is pointing too much in that direction, maybe it's better if i change something and setup a more round design, right now, as it is, it's really too much spiky
btw i started to model the character, when the update will be relevant i'll post something, right now i've reopened photoshop to work again on the character, hoping some good idea will come out ^^
Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Put some different flat tones on it (concept) on toshop, it can help.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #21
MarioC

Awards Showcase
yeah, i've already done it, but since i were continuosly changing shape i had decided to color it at the end
here is a little update

i've removed some spike and blended something, i'm tempted to use gold instead of that silver material, but maybe that big golden ring wouldn't look too good
C&C are always welcome, and thank you for your help ^^

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:45 PM..
MarioC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Ooh, I think I like the new shoulder bit. He is a devious looking chap, no denying that.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 03:04 AM   #23
MarioC

Awards Showcase
little update, i added some detail on the cloth, and changed a little more the metal parts

considering that remain less than a month i think i would not make in time probably however, so for now i will go on, and then see what could i get in the time remaining

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Old 23-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #24
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Or go 2D, rules?

Old 23-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #25
MarioC

Awards Showcase
well, i don't think there could be a problem in changing to 2D, but considering there are really some 2D monsters out there i really don't think i have any chance, my drawing skill aren't so much good compared to them, if i go for 3D i can hope for entering the first 75 at least XD
Old 26-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
MarioC

Awards Showcase
well, created the high poly mesh to sculpt, here it is

i'll adjust everything in zbrush, then, when it's done, i'll create the low poly on the sculpted mesh in max
i have to find a good way to render wings in low poly btw, if someone can point me to some low poly image, making of, or tutorial where there are wings it would be really appreciated, i've to study that thing XD

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:43 PM..
Old 27-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #27
MarioC

Awards Showcase
started the sculpt

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 29-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #28
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
You've got some interesting image approach on your 3d modeling, volume building, you're between bending flat surfaces, mosaique assembly and triangular dynamic patterns, that's quite rare, I mean uncommon. (Nothing to do with the competition)
KIU! (Time to hurry)

Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #29
MarioC

Awards Showcase
well, i don't understand if what you said is a compliment or an observation, in any case thanks a lot XD
another little update

setup a little the lower part, and added some ornament on that spiky ring
btw can we use different uv set for different maps? it's not specified in the rules, but last years it was allowed :\

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
MarioC

Awards Showcase
ok, almost finished the symmetric part, have to had detail to the cloth, and then start creating the folds, then i'll have to texture everything, create a low poly, and a rig... ok, i'll never make it in time -.-'''

i should say i don't like much this soft deadline thing, i had preferred just like the other years, with one or two weeks extension :\

Last edited by MarioC; 15-05-2011 at 03:41 PM..