>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 22-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #196
Animaleante
Brazilian Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Animaleante
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
much better without that fin thing...but...on proportions..his eye is really too small..even for a monster...too small...
Photoshop CS3
Animaleante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #197
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
*edit*

nice update on the snake/seamonster. the new color is a lot better. he looks kind of depressed tho. i think its because the fang almost looks like a tear rolling down his cheeck. cool creature tho. the normalmap isnt really all that visible, which is a shame. gl with him.

ok, so i got a small project im doing for a mate of mine. he needed a simple roman cartoony character. and he needed it to be kind of serious.

i made some sketches and he thought it looked cool, so i started to model him.

wire:

the model is about 6 hours work. need to add armor and maybe a weapon. i want to try and keep as many quads as i can. currently, i think i have 2. and the model is around 800 poly, last time i checked. so, not too bad.

c&c very welcome, as always

Last edited by Tank[NL]; 22-05-2007 at 09:35 PM..
Tank[NL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #198
abstract

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
that kross hare is way cool!

tank the back of his neck looks a bit weird? kinda bulky.

texturing my knight of Ni minion:

abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 04:09 AM   #199
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
finished up the snake looking thing:

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 05:05 AM   #200
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
the render looks like this is a photograph taken in some studio with a big picture behind it.

what im saying is even tho' eveything in the background has a yellow-ish light...the speculars on your creatures are white... should they be yellow also ?
bb0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #201
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
Robocop's Auto 9 WIP. I'm gonna model a low poly version of Robocop with about 1000 tris for everything. The counter say it's 128 tris but it's suppose to be 64 tris. I'm looking to everything textured in rigged by Friday. Robo's mesh will be up soon.

yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:53 AM   #202
free-willy

forgot to post up finished head.
free-willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 AM   #203
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
The texture is rocking free-willy.
yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #204
Klash120
{Senior N00b}

Send a message via AIM to Klash120 Send a message via MSN to Klash120 Send a message via Yahoo to Klash120
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
*nods* rocking indeed.
Question though. How are you self illuminating it & get extra lighting on it?
Doesnt 100% means no light will effect it :\
Tell us your magic! @. @
Klash120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #205
free-willy

yoyomon:thanks
Klash120:thanks.In lightwave in the display options panel theres something called GLSL HW shading,i click that and it allows lights to light up the model even when fully illuminated,never actually checked in the manual too see what its actuall purpose is
free-willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #206
Klash120
{Senior N00b}

Send a message via AIM to Klash120 Send a message via MSN to Klash120 Send a message via Yahoo to Klash120
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Whatever the purpose, it's awesome
Do you know, or anyone else, how to get that effect in Maya? :3
Klash120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #207
momoko

This is Ninja-girl.
Just finished texture.

momoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #208
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 13-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #209
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
isnt that a bit too dense?

unless its suposed to be highpoly....

Anyways Big toe... tyou modelling skills rock man...
bb0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #210
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
bbox: thanks, this model is a bit on the high side. I'm going to take it into mudbox and see if I can't learn a bit more. Then add mudbox to my resume.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life