>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > General software and hardware help

Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #76
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Try using Radvideo Bink to convert a sequence of targa files into avi.

Get it for free here: http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #77
zeyadalsheikh

I download it.. thanks Freespace..I have to get use on this new Benk pro. .. thanks again for the help pal.. I'll work on it.

Last edited by zeyadalsheikh; 06-09-2008 at 01:06 AM..
zeyadalsheikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #78
zeyadalsheikh

Hi Freespace.. I tried Radvideo but it didn't give me what really want..the picture still suffering pixels bluring and coarse grainy look, I tried rendering it with mov., it really enhanced the final appearance but a kind of horizontal crystal lines show up and.. I am not satisfied with the results I got. I opened the Ram Player of 3ds max and played the .tga pictures I rendered earlier, it played very nice and very pure, but when I save it to avi or mov the old problem comes back..I don't know if there is any setting that I should follow and what is it, there are many of them in Radvideo but I can't figure out what is the affective one. any tip?

Last edited by zeyadalsheikh; 09-09-2008 at 02:42 PM..
zeyadalsheikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #79
Aramor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
I feel so stupid, but that aside, I just reinstalled 3dsMax 8 because my computer died a while ago, but now I've got an annoying problem.

When I create a new standard primitive, it shows the diagonal line in the polygons (see attachment). I forgot how to turn it off, and I can't find it anymore. Does anybody know how to turn that off, because it really bugs me.
Attached Images

So, following that rational, I'll leave this empty.

Wait...
Aramor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #80
YEAROFTHEOX
Registered Lurker

I believe it's - Customize-> Preferences-> Veiwports->Configure driver-> uncheck "display all triangle edges"
Old 22-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #81
Aramor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Ah yes, thank you. That did the trick.

No further questions.

So, following that rational, I'll leave this empty.

Wait...
Aramor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #82
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Users Who Have Already Recieved Awards  	Issue reason	Issue time	Controls	Remove PKT	3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
In 2009, when I create a wall (aec extended), it allows me to modify the parameters or use keyboard entry to define the width and height.

If I click away, to switch viewports or end the shape, the parameters [console?] disappears, and I can't change the width or height that way (even in the modify column), but have to use the scale transform.

Is there any way to access the parameters console after deselecting the newly created object?
thank you
timberwo7ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #83
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
a few Q'a and some less A's

answers are welcomed

Q-when moving two or more selected objects, how to move them by coords so they don't stack one on top of each other?
A-you link the *******s (tnx Rachel)

Q-can we alter the nature of the verticies by selecting several (two or more), switching them from corner to bezier or smooth...?
A-right button does work when several are selected

Q-how to move things perpendicularly ?
A-we can by isolating axes (F5, F6, F7 or going with the mouse over them) or by holding SHIFT while drawing line, or moving objects

Q-how to delete last drawn verticie when drawing a shape, line for example
A-press BACKSPACE

Q-how can i when moving lock to move by xy plane, or xz plane or yz plane. I believe it's useful when trying to adjust a bezier verticie by the
handles, otherwise in most cases i only get to adjust it by X or Y axis
A-Open your "Axis Constraints" toolbar. You can restrict movement to a specific plane by selecting XY, YZ or ZX on the toolbar.

p.s. someone could pile up Q&A into the first post would be really helpful, or we could make a new thread, repost the whole thing to fit the proposition (patting myself on the back )

Last edited by rocneasta-3DT; 19-11-2009 at 05:44 PM..
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #84
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Q-is there a nudge in max - to move an object or a verticie - by keyboard up, down, left, right
A-there isn't but someone mentioned a script... anyone know the lines of code involved?!

Last edited by rocneasta-3DT; 19-11-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Old 19-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #85
Fredddy

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out!  	31-01-2009 02:23 PM  	 Edit  Remove   	 Sathe 	For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 2
In answer to timberwo7ve's question (a bit late but it may help someone).
Go to the modify panel, select Segment sub-object, select the part of the wall you want
to change.
You can then alter the width and height.
Fredddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #86
jackendonald

Maya is a great software for animation and multimedia.Take a picture, just like on a regular basis ... including Z Depth Render Element ... white parts here are the closest to the camera, and a black border is much more ... so you can transfer the image in Photoshop, turn the depth z to move and use it as a mask to apply a Gaussian blur image ... areas away from the camera to get the most G. Blur and regions not get any closer to ... If you are going to anisotropic DOF Blur .. Then, motion blur and radial blur.

Last edited by jackendonald; 10-12-2010 at 04:35 PM..
jackendonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #87
rocneasta-3DT

Awards Showcase
few tips...

^^ when importing logotypes, or any vector graphic it usually consists of gzillion verticies on curved surfaces - way to remedy this is to add a Normalize spline modifier to the imported spline and adjust it's parameters. One thing it does wrong it treats the entire spline as a whole object, meaning it will add verts on straight segments. You will have to hand edit these, but it did a wonderful job on the curved segments.

^^ there are different types of quad menus, not based on the object/element selected. You can access these by clicking:
RMB (standard one)
ctrl+RMB
alt+RMB
shift+RMB
alt+crt+RMB
alt+shift+RMB

^ speaking of quad menus, above every quad there is a title encased in grey frame. the title roughly explains what is listed below him, for example: transform, tools, display... If you click on the title of a quad it will repeat last command that you made with that quad - in the screenshot i connected two verticies, and just by clicking on tools 2 quad title, i get a connect. This is useful since the quad menu appears after RMB at the place of your cursor so you don't have to move the mouse that much to activate it.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #88
rocneasta-3DT

Awards Showcase
Q - how to make a clone copy, into an instance. Basically i want to make already cloned objects into instances rather than copies that they currently are.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #89
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
that can't be done afaik so you're stuck with re-cloning and aligning i think

however.

instead, you can copy & paste an instance of a modifier onto the copies (sadly not on a multiple selection) which will allow you to make edits to all objects via that modifier

i used this maxscript snippet a fair bit when dealing with large numbers of morph targets that needed scaling. The principle should work with other kinds of modifiers but i make no promises.

Code:
--instances Xform modifier from source object to selected objects
--enter name of object to copy modifier from into $sourceobject - eg $myhead
--select target object(s) 
--run script

sourceobject = $MOUTH_MORPHER
addmodifier $ (sourceobject.XForm)

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #90
rocneasta-3DT

Awards Showcase
cheers, although the ability that you can't simply say to one object be an instance of the chosen one seems a bit odd due to the fact that it may be a common desire. changing the way you work. But hey, i'll fiddle around with instanced modifier even though i won't get the same effect.