>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 17-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Avatar - Comic - Miycko - Rune - Realm Of Magic

Hello everyone

I only dicovered this competition a week and a half ago so my entry is late. Please bear with me.

My avatar's Name is Salome. She is from Rune - A Realm Of Magic. She was born in to the strongest race on the planet but it was but it was soon discovered that she was amongst the weakest of their people. Being royalty her mother knew she would be found lacking and put to death so she abandoned her, Whitch was lucky for her because it wasn't long before a new Power arose that destroyed her father's entire kingdom and plunged the world into darkness. Salome grew up with a man man only know as Bruce who was a friend of her mother's and a strong warrior. He taught her everything she knows, she already had ambitions of destroying the evil that rules her world but when she discovers that it's the one that destroyed her family (and most of all her mother) she sets off on a journey of revenge.

Here's a scketch of Salome and Bruce

Software Used: Photoshop
Attached Images

Last edited by miycko; 17-02-2009 at 01:41 PM..
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
On her journey Salome meets several characters that i want in my final image, they basically become her second family. Drucilla - a half Dragon, Jamy - The Ant and Maddox - The Tiger. I wanted to get the feel of them being on a journey.

The Secene is going to be them Leaving a city they just visited. This was my first scketch of it.
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
I did'nt like the arrangement much, so i tried moving the characters around a bit.

Comments and Critisms are welcome.
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
I did some colouring on the background on friday, I usually start with the characters but i wanted to have a feel for the world they're in.
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
I did the sky and river over the weekend.
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
Husam

Great story and excellent character designs. You might have started a bit late but you've definitely hit the ground running!! I must say I liked the second arrangement better but there still seems to be a lack of unity in the image as a whole, plus the background is a little too flat. But judging from your start I bet you won't end up with anything less than spectacular.
Man I should really consider dropping out of this contest. Competing with you guys is so not within my artistic capability
Husam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Checked out your portfolio. I dont even know where to start when it comes to 3d, I say thats your strong point. Your stuff's pretty good.
Old 21-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #8
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Here is the character sheet I did for Salome. It's a bit rough but atleast it gives me a preview of what i want her
overall look be like. I wanted to do one for every character but time is runing out out so I'll scrap that.
Attached Images

Old 21-02-2009, 05:39 AM   #9
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
The background seems to be going along well enough. I did the castle a couple days ago and added in the planet. It's a bit bigger than the original plan and that gave me idea to cast a dark shadow over part of the desert. Imagin this thing alwayslooming overhead, day and noght, every day and night. And I Just couldn't resist doing the colours for Salome. But i won't do her face until I'm done with the other characters.I have a thing about faces, especially my main character's. She's supposed to be holding a sword in her hand but I haven't done the design for it yet. I really wanna get this done before 1st march but with work in the way I'm gonna have to draw like a mad man. Crits and advice are very welcome.
Attached Images

Old 25-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
I've coloured Jamy and started on Drucilla. I like the way he came out.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Cool

I managed to colour the horse this morning an di'm changing the colours on drucilla. paint, paint, paint
Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
Husam

Cool, getting better by each update. I'd only give her a slightly different skin tone just to separate her from the orange/brown background. I also can't help but think that the waist-hip area is looking a little weird
Husam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Thanks Husam. I was thingking about changing her skin tone but i found that i'd merged the layers and i hate using the colour replacer cuz it tends to make colours look wierd. Her right arm has tatoos on it which i haven't explained yet but it's actually on fire, maybe that will help separate her from the background, or maybe i might change the background colour a bit. About the waist i tend to make it long and have the hips wide, i fantacise about skinny chicks with wide hips.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #14
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Cool

I've spent the night working on Drucilla. On to Maddox for the rest of the day and then I'll do Salome's face and some finishing touches, I hope it will be as easy as it sounds but nothing ever is.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
it's bin a bad painting day for me. i've only managed to do maddox but my page say 10:34pm so i hope i can do Salome's face and the fire within that time and submit. i've had to rush some things but i think it looks okay.
Attached Images