>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Mount Up! - Dhin

Such pathetic participation! I feel the bale rising and must strike down upon my foes in great vengeance at furious anger! The cavities and gingivitis of the unworthy will be cleared away like plague before my curved tooth scraper thingy of doom! TannbørsteTordengeit make ready! Flås the Norse god of oral hygiene cometh!

I need to do something, I'm bored... So my mount is Tannbørste Tordengeit, the war goat mount for the god Flås (pronounced Floss) sworn enemy of Karius and Bactus. Tannbørste (literally toothbrush) is the son of Thor's goats Tanngrisnir (teeth-barer, snarler) and Tanngnjóstr (teeth grinder).

Take that evil doer's no Novocaine for you root canals of damnation!
Attached Images

Last edited by dhin; 04-10-2011 at 04:38 PM..
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Day 1 (Yesterdays progress)

Last edited by dhin; 04-10-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Day 4 (Day 2 and 3 I did nothing!)
I actually worked on the head yesterday, but it sucked, and I redid it, I not sure about this one yet...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
Looks like it's getting there though it's not that similar to the concept so are you going for a more realistic shape now?

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
I know, the head closer to the concept didn't look right at all. I am trying more real but tweeking it some still. I'm still not sure about the current head though.

I'm gonna try stylizing the horns more, and once I start shaping hair to the mesh I'm hoping it will give a better look.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Hahahahaha Hilarious, now let's see it in the model as well

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Takk, Huga.

I'm at about 90% on the model, the broad strokes are done, and I'm working on the beard and facial hair ATM. I've tweaked a good deal since last time but the base mainly looks the same as the last update, except with feet now. I still have to add the teeth, toothbrush, and saddle, but those should all be minor. I still have about 5k tris so I'm trying to work in nice details with the hair and what not.