>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 16-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #61
snwbrdr

Thanks for the comment, I see your point here about the shadow. Will keep that in mind in my next paintings. Lighting this scene proved to be harder than expected with the snow and night thing goning on.

Congrats to MatejaPetkovic, Guitarsimo and jfmgraphics and hope everyone will go for it again in the next challenge.
snwbrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #62
guitarsimo80

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge No. 2 Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge No.3 
Total Awards: 3
Thumbs up

Thank you Suirebit!
Congrats to Mateja & jfmgraphics, and the other guys too!
I hope there will be another challenge here!
I'm not satisfied about my composition and I don't spent enough time to finish because a new work took away all my free time, but anyway, this is a great result for me, I hope to win the first prize the next time!!
Thanks 3D Total to help me improve my techniques !
guitarsimo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #63
MatejaPetkovic

Oooo, nice.
Thanks for good critics and comments, i realy enjoy while working on this matte painting.
Congrats to all contestants and thanks to people who organize this challenge.

M
MatejaPetkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #64
kaustavsinha

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suirebit-3DT View Post
Comments for :

kaustav> I appreciate your effort, your matte is not bad, but the guys above took you. The blue you used is too saturated and uniform, even though it's night there should be variations, look at mateja's piece for instance. Good job and looking forward to see more from you.
Hi Suirebit,

Thank you very much for the precious comments & critiques!

Congratulations to Mateja, Guitarsimo, jfmgraphics & snwbrdr!

It was a great learning experience for me! Thanks Suirebit, for organizing this awesome challenge! Will hope to participate in future matte-painting challenges, here at 3DTotal!

Btw, how will I get my free e-book, Suirebit?

www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
kaustavsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #65
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
e-mail chrisp@3dtotal.com , mention this thread and the prize of your choice
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #66
trainfender

hey, guys
congrats to all winners
but can i have some comments too? i feel lost
Old 23-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #67
kaustavsinha

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha
Quote:
Hi Suirebit,

Thank you very much for the reply! Sorry to bother you again, but just wished to know, what are the prizes to choose from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainfender View Post
hey, guys
congrats to all winners
but can i have some comments too? i feel lost
Also, I'd really like to request you very much, on behalf of trainfender, to kindly post a comment about his work, if you can! Can't just see him missing out from your very precious comments!

www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
kaustavsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #68
trainfender

thanx Kaustav
Old 23-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #69
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
sorry if I missed you, I thought I commented on everyone...i'll get back to you later
Old 27-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #70
MatejaPetkovic

Quote:
Hi, can you tell me what are prizes?

Thanks

M
Old 28-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #71
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Quote:
Hi, can you tell me what are prizes?
There's a thread here with prize info: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=53531

Can you email your prize selection to jo@3dtotal.com, please, as Chris is very busy working on DAMv4 and getting the May issues of our magazines ready this week

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #72
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
I've edited that thread to reflect current prizes, please re-read if needed, we have more and better options now

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 28-04-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Old 28-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #73
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
one more thing:

From now on, winner of previous challenge gets the choice to be a judge in the next one, so MatejaPetkovic can choose to be next guest judge!

also check this: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread...399#post712399
Old 28-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #74
MatejaPetkovic

12 month subscription to the 2DArtist magazine sounds very good.

I'll send you email

A judge, ha ha, nice, i would love that(but someone needs to explain me what are my duties )
Thanks

M

Last edited by MatejaPetkovic; 28-04-2009 at 01:02 PM..
Old 28-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #75
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
not a big deal, just look at final entries and pick 3 which u will e-mail me And also give critiques if possible. You can do this for up to 3 challenges, after which you can participate again.