>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #16
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
Total Awards: 3
all right you guys, stay with the fat bot.,...thanks a lot...starting the final concept with more details and colors...
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 AM   #17
Torokun
Indie Creative Director

Send a message via AIM to Torokun
I like the big far dude!
Torokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 AM   #18
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I do like the big guy, but then all your ideas are looking good. Any one of those could walk into room and have their way with the enimies women.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #19
frostsnake

bigtoe control yourself!, the robots wont have that kind of equipment, or? O_o

also like the fat dude! and the ninja is nice(I,ninja geek)
keep it up!
frostsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #20
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Cool ass concepts man. Keep up the good work. I cant wait to see your work.

John Inman
Agent-X
Old 12-02-2007, 03:13 AM   #21
biano3d

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
try another one, i think the fat bot was to slow, i want a class off robot more fast and mortal, with long distance and meele weapon, and a turbine on his back, to make long jumps to attack
i get one of my first concept and make some changes on it...
Old 12-02-2007, 04:17 AM   #22
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
you have alot of nice ideas. You will be good to with any of them. This last one though is right there with the big boy. Both could cause some trouble in a fight.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 AM   #23
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

this last one is the best, very nice shoulders and legs....go with this.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #24
bRuDe
animation monger

Not that your new design isnt good ... cause it is! But I personaly liked the 'Fat' one better ... more original, and a more interesting personality to it.
But hey, you gotta go with what you like ..... looks great.
bRuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
GraphicDragon
One Pixel Shy

Looks great. You may have to go with normal mapping to get in all those details though. Those 6000 tris get used up fast, even if you're careful.

I look forward to seeing how the model shapes up.
GraphicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #26
gridlinked
Unknown Robot

Send a message via MSN to gridlinked
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey Biano, here i am! And i'm glad you pointed me here, what a great concept, i really like it, and your lines are very expressive, dynamic.

I don't have much to crit, really... the head area reminds me of a spine, so i kinda had this idea that it would continue down the back and into a tail, the tail would be a weapon and shoot laser beams, or serve as a spear of sorts.
I do think the face, while cool, doesn't look menacing. I don't mean that all robots should look like they're PMSing, but i do think they benefit from it, after all, they are killing machines, and there's the whole psychological aspect.
Love those blades in the right arm, for the left arm instead of that generic cannon, have you tried some sort of futuristic chaingun?
Old 13-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
carlosf

Very good concepts! But i liked the head of the fat guy better. The one red eye looks like is ready to target something.

Show de bola!
Old 24-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #28
biano3d

Awards Showcase
a test of color combinations...
Old 24-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #29
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
its all good. Either one will kill the same. My question is, how is that model coming along

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 24-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #30
V3N0M
Dawg of War

Send a message via Yahoo to V3N0M
I'm sorry, I don't like any of the colour schemes... I'm just giving my opinion, how about orange?
We shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the polys, we shall fight on the vertex channel, we shall fight in the riging and in the skining, we shall fight in the texture; we shall never surrender.

"<NyseriA> Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot."http://www.bash.org/
V3N0M is offline   Reply With Quote