>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 3
>> Pogimonz << Dominance War II

late start, but here's some warm up concepts for today.. still trying to come up w/ better ideas =)

I've seen some nice concepts in our forum.. great job everyone!!

Last edited by pogimonz; 07-02-2007 at 01:29 PM..
pogimonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
novoAlias
Found snow.

Send a message via MSN to novoAlias
captain hook, chainsaw, ion cannon and sharp implement are all the same person! Heh i like these
,,`,,`,,

http://forums.3dtotal.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=726&dateline=11981294  96
novoAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
PKT
A dreaming 3D modeller

Send a message via AIM to PKT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
awsome drawings, looking forward to see your modeling.
PKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Kalango
Freelacer berseker &gt;_&gt;

cool! 1st weapon is great!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
mim
Arm&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; you !

Send a message via Yahoo to mim
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
great pogimonz, concepts looks as like you modeled em by now!
some of them is like vishta! btw I like all of them, look to see wich one you choose!
goodluck man,
,mim
Whistle through your comb!
Do a loony-goony dance
Cross the kitchen floor!
Put something silly in the world!
That aint been there before!
"Sell Silverstain"
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
This is the direction i'm taking w/ my character.. I want to make a female warrior as my subject.. Qualities I'm trying to incorporate into her are Beauty, Charisma, Speed, Power, Agility, Flexibility, and Ferocity.. I like the whole Shiva look I have going for her..

this is still an early stage for the concept, I have yet to add some armor and some more mechanical stuff to the design..

ps: great job! everyone ! I see a lot of the concepts taking shape..

the drawing on the left is what I'm basing my design on, still trying to convert her to a more mechanical design.. the drawing on the right is my first attempt..

Last edited by pogimonz; 12-02-2007 at 12:08 PM..
Old 15-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Cool stuff man! I cant wait to see this one. Keep up the good work. Go team 3D Total!

John Inman
Agent-X
Old 15-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
Jason-Lavoie
Dominance War CRAZED!

Man POG you are getting crazy good at drawing, and that can onyl mean your modeling is going to look just as good.

I think for the most part the "base" body is done. Now you need to add some objects to make it assymetrical I think. You may be going for a simpliar diesgn, which I think will really work with the body form, but maybe add an eye "laser" or something just tog ive it that extra kick.

Awesome job man, can't wait to see more

- MMO Inspired Character -

- Bohica Studios -
-------------------------------------------------------
Jason-Lavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
concept needs refinement, but here's where I'm at.. man I really need to get this concept done so I could start modeling .. I'm so behind in this competition, it's frustrating..

Last edited by pogimonz; 21-02-2007 at 09:31 PM..
Old 21-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #10
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Looks pretty good. I'd say you have enough to start modeling there. Just do clean up on you concept as a side thing. . .

very cool idea.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
still refining my concept and I couldn't wait so I started to model the base mesh

Last edited by pogimonz; 22-02-2007 at 12:04 AM..
Old 22-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #12
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
the torso and hip proportions look a little off to me, I would skinny them up a bit make then more sexy! Nice start at any rate, I'm digging the swiss army knife approach
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #13
V3N0M
Dawg of War

Send a message via Yahoo to V3N0M
LOL swiss army knife , that reminds me of my concept : )))) LOL back to modeling
We shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the polys, we shall fight on the vertex channel, we shall fight in the riging and in the skining, we shall fight in the texture; we shall never surrender.

"<NyseriA> Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot."http://www.bash.org/
V3N0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #14
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
I don't think I'll finish on time.. but I'll try and keep going for the team.. go team threedy! lol

here's a lil progress I finaly did some orthos that I could work w/ (though the concept still needs refinement).. reworked the mesh.. we'll just see where this one goes.. good luck to me.. i'll need it..
Old 02-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
xissburg
n0_0b

Send a message via MSN to xissburg
Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 1
very good concepts and start model, nice design. I think that one weapon on each hand(or arm)can be good. for example one detachable for one hand and fixed weapons on the anothers arms like a rocket launcher and a machinegun(the one that rotates :P ), and maybe a shied :P . . . good luck, it seems a very good robot is coming