>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 23-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #211
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
I learned everything the good old fashioned way: stare at other people's work long enough, then try doing something myself. Repeat. Repeat. By the time I started checking out tutorials, I had learned the basics. But tutorials do help out, if they're the "here's a trick how to" kind of tutorials - the ones that teach a specific thing, that could otherwise take you a long time to figure out.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #212
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
I've lernt sculpting in art school and in Fine Art Academy but zbrushing and 3d aplications by my self, watching tons of tutorials almost everyday, if I have a problem I'm looking for a tutorial about it, it's fastest way to learn and you always find somthing more than you were looking for in evrey tutorial. If you are looking for a good zbrush lessons go and see what they've got in zclassRoom. Lots of goods in Gnomon but you have to pay for it and I guess guys from 3dt have a lot of good stuff to buy too.
I agree with Freespace that watching other's works is very important too. This sculpting challenges are great becouse you can see progress of many great sculptors here and learn from them!
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #213
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Latest update on the Wendigo. Got an hour or so left to add some final details, maybe pose him.

Again, asking if anyone knows how to recall the saved zBrush commands so I can replay the sculpt to record with camtasia. When I "load" the command file, nothing happens.

And for Steban, like most other people, I just learned from lots of tutorials and lots of practice. There is such a wealth of zBrush training material out there, usually for free, that you'll trip over it. The important thing is just to take things slow, concentrate on form at the start and slow start to work towards finer and finer details. The biggest mistake you'll see in people who are just learning zBrush is that because they can add the fine details like wrinkles/skin texture/hair, at any time they want, they rush into it and start adding them to their sculpt before they even have the basic shapes down. So it's just about slowly building up your sculpt and developing your own sculpting styles.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #214
Dack

I learned how to use 3ds max in school but Ive been using mudbox for a few years and now I just recently got into zbrush. Believe me I know how frustrating it is when u start sculpting something. Your like how the hell do I get started! You probably have a million questions and don't know where to begin that's why u take advantage of forums like this one and invest in dvd's on the topics u want to learn also there are alot of free resources out there u just have to keep googling plus tons of videos on youtube. So that's how I been learning my sculpting skills next to that is practice and more practice.And be sure to find anatomy pictures of anything your going to sculpt in order to make sure your sculpt comes out realistic.
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #215
Christian86

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey Puck! That head is rly awesome!
Christian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #216
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Talking Got some sculpting done...

Okay, got some sculpting done... I got about 2:30 on the head and 45 min
on the collar....Tried recording but I think some other capture software I have
is messing everything up...oh well. Seen some pretty nice sculpts so far... time to work on the body.
Attached Images

Old 23-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #217
Steban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Talking

hey guys, thank u, i really appreciate your help, and i will search for tutorials.
there is another update-2 hours of work
Attached Images

Steban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 03:50 AM   #218
dPunisher

polysmooth... Nice one.. great details!
dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #219
adr

4 hours of Work

Hi all.
After 4 Hours of work , here is my Fenrir . Tell me what you think about the shape and proportions . I'll go back tomorrow on this one.
Attached Images

adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #220
maxtx

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #16 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #18 
Total Awards: 3
Hello everybody, beautiful works here!

I had to take a break because of work, but I'm almost at the end, I made a new base mesh for the feathers of the wings, and I hope you like simple hug to everyone!

maxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #221
Dack

holy crap u got to tell how to make wings like that there really nice!!
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #222
delavega

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
- polysmooth; great start on the head man. I like the style! Looking forward to see more for sure.

- Puckducker; Interesting looking character. Im not familiar with the creature, but as far as some reference that I found, maybe he needs to be a bit more fleshy?

- mastein; nice finish on ur dragon. good job.

- biano3d; great start man! Cant wait to see more. Glad u like my work so far.

- bryzol; thanks man, appreciate it.

Anyway, here's an update of 2 more hours of work.
Not happy with the legs yet and will make new pants cos these just don't look right. Also horns, head and hands need more work. And still need to find a good pose...all this in 3 hours Hope I make it.

delavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #223
BARON3D

Send a message via MSN to BARON3D
Today I spent 2 hours creating spider web.I made from spline in 3dsmax.Last picture I will soon be completed.Good luck guys.

BARON3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #224
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Delavega: Cool Piece till now man, keep it up! And thx for the complements

Nice start Maxtx!!
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #225
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
...more 3 vids ...
Maxtx:that´s great man...

1- http://www.youtube.com/user/biano3d#p/u/4/VWQrCa1ScdI
2- http://www.youtube.com/user/biano3d#p/u/3/Hjzd8h-l_rg
3- http://www.youtube.com/user/biano3d#p/u/2/m54pSxP5D1M
4- http://www.youtube.com/user/biano3d#p/u/1/sRLcvb-zpOA
5- http://www.youtube.com/user/biano3d#p/u/0/r-UZ_HDrQRw

hasta

Last edited by biano3d; 25-11-2009 at 12:13 AM..
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote