>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #151
prosn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Rabbitshell, excellent work, just one suggestion for you, give some more details on monster character(bottom part of the monster).

Washka, thanks…….as per your suggestion I am working on it.

M_C, your works looking impressive , I also like your background.

Migroe, beautiful work, try to highlight your both characters.

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #152
prosn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Prosn- DWV-The Basilisk

Hi ,
Actually what am doing is composing the whole work ,after doing this it will be easy for me to put the source of light, foreground details, and also whatever suggestion you all will give.

I came out with this character keeping Indian mythology in mind and weapon I have given to him is also mythological . I am also using a flying horse. In an Indian mythology horses do fly but they don’t posses wings. Maybe am not sure, but the horse I have composed is from Greek Mythology.
Attached Images

Facebook Page-
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #153
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
migroe - that beast came out really cool i love it. i agree with prosn highlight your characters.

prosn - dude i love the detail on that bow... cant wait to see the final.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #154
prosn

Awards Showcase
thanks buddy......i am also same waiting for your final update

Facebook Page-
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #155
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
hey guy, im going to have to call it done. I have to head out of town for work this week. So i went a head and finish and tighten it up and submitted the final and a wip page. this is the end of the line my friend. their is still more i wanted to do, i'll work on it more in the future. good luck guy's

My Final.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #156
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
gn8

Like how you've played with the athmosphere onto this one, M_C. Lot's of black.
Did you know that I've learn a lot with from this way you make fast background?
GL for the final!

I'll try to work mine a bit more, I made some copy/paste for the background:

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #157
migroe

thanks for your critics. but what exactly do you mean with 'highlighten'? adding some lightrays? well, i'll try tomorrow
i worked a bit on the hands and shoes (and still hat them - will try to alter them tomorrow) and did some tweaking on the contrast/levels etc.
but the general still needs a lot of work...

Name:  DW-V-WIP-11.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  88.8 KB
Name:  DW-V-WIP-12.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  82.2 KB

M_C - too bad you're not going to finish your piece but it's good looking anyway and maybe you'll find time before the main challenge to make the final brush-strokes

washka - that's a cool epic scene! will you change the placement of each of these guys? otherwise it will look too artificial... the battleground has great coloring, i'm waiting for the next wip

prosn - really wonderful weapons your hero has got! i love the detailing
migroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #158
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
migroe - that starting too look really good, put some grass around the floor and around his feet. tho i didn't get too finish it the way i like i think it at a really good point for presentation.

washka - killer work my friend, i love the ****** ground. also i might have to still your idea on how you did the back ground on building and army behind a main character. sweet in the future. hehe
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #159
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I used oiled birds for this bl**dy ground M_C, I'll post da technique later.
About da fast army trick: You can use it as you wish, I'm not the inventor of copy-paste (and it's royalties free).

Quote:
it will look too artificial...
In fact I quite agree with you migroe, and I had planned to kill a bit the repetition adding some athmos fog and differents details.
Here I'm taking a shortcut, but it seems that in this case it goes with the whole scene. War-order-discipline-repetition. The placement will remain.
I hope you can understand why this trick, and my point of view, are defensible?
Even if I'm a lazy guy. :P

I've also got a question for you: Should robots seems artificial?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 05-12-2010 at 09:53 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #160
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
sweet royalties free. ooo yeah
Old 06-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #161
Boco

I needed to get some deadlines done, so I wasn't able to join untill now. Guess I'm gonna make a few long nights Anyway here's my first my first block-out. I chose to go with a War General and a Corrupted. Pointers are always welcome!
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #162
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Washka - Now that scene has potential, the colors also contrast pretty cool. YOu might want to lower the army a bit though...

Boco - Liking the mood. The hammer looks pretty cool as well. Pull his right arm in a bit or adjust the shoulder pad a bit though. You might want to lengthen it a bit as well...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #163
prosn

Awards Showcase
Prosn- DWV-The Basilisk

M_C, congratulations you are successfully completed your work. My best wishes are with you.

Washka, your work is going very good, but if you add more color perspective ,it will have more gravity.

Migroe, thanks for your comment.
Nice progress your work is really looking good.

Boco, nice concept, but you have to do things little fast, because little is left. Anyways welcome to Dominance War-V.

I have given foreground details, source of lights and some more details on both characters in this update.
Attached Images

Facebook Page-
Old 07-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #164
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
prosn - man that looks great, and best wishes for you as well. when i look at it you can get a really good story feeling out of the painting.

boco - it's alway great to have another artist on our team, but prosn i right, you need too move fast. As for start the blocking is looking great. You can really get a good feel on the general, as for the corrupted, what concept do you have in mined for him or her or thing.

the same for every one else "best wish and good luck"
Old 07-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #165
Rabbitshell

great job everybody, awesome work

Last edited by Rabbitshell; 07-12-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Rabbitshell is offline   Reply With Quote