>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 18-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Alex_Depth

Cool DWIII - 3D - Alex_Depth_ - TBA

Race: Mutant
Class: Stalker
Artifact Weapon: Fire or Ice. Not sure
Weapon type: Scythe-Arms

Hey folks, here's a doodle i did. My friend goaded me into taking part in this, so i may give it a go.

I'll keep y'all posted!

I primarily use 3d studio max and adobe photoshop.
Attached Images

Alex_Depth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Alex_Depth

Updated concept. Comments / critcs welcome
Attached Images

Old 19-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Firehazurd
Ima weener!

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
I think it needs to be darker... more grim.

I think if you added about a gallon more blood, that would do it.

In all seriousness, it looks pretty damn cool and I can't wait to see the final.
Firehazurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Death walkin'...
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Now THAT is one creepy looking Mofo. I like it!
Old 19-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #6
Star_Scream
The Nerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
He's really creepy but a nice concept, don't know what's up here ad threedy but every concept i see is great
Star_Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
Alex_Depth

First model WIP

I'm using Maya at the moment. I'll probably use Max to rig and pose it though. and maybe for UV unwrapping
Attached Images

Old 19-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
dude, sick concept. i by sick i mean, i had a nousious feeling in my stomach.....

cool concept, but distrubing :P

3d is looking like its getting underway nicley
Old 19-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Great concept, especially the first image.

For modelling, I think I'd probably try to model him in that initial hunched over state that your first image has him in. Those curves give it a lot of character, and if you model him straight up and down to start with your going to loose a lot of that character I think, even if you're going to pose him later.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Alex_Depth

update

Puckducker, i agree with you about the pose. but im frome a game's modelling background, so everything i do has to be iron-clad T-pose :P i'll bend her over later
Attached Images

Old 19-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
Alex_Depth

Second angle
Attached Images