>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 15-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #31
YdoUwant2know

go with paint job number two

black and blue is a great scheme, we are after all going to kick the crap out of them.

besides, the first color set was too close to sw. lucas may have sued.
YdoUwant2know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #32
AimBiZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl
definatly the black and blue colour scheme. besides im sure he'd be able to turn off the lights when hes sliking up behind the enemy to take em out with the blades(still realy love that idea). acuialy, i know its not exactly the same but would you mind if i put a bayonet on the end of my gun and used your 'gripping the butt as a handle' idea?
Yep, or the lights are somehow part of a stealthsystem on it perhaps.

Hm, yeah, I guess you can make your gun that way. I guess you have other designplans for it so ours won't look the same anyway. It's always fun when people take inspiration from your ideas, so no I wouldn't mind.

Going to take a look at your entry, and will be exciting to see how the gun turns out.
AimBiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #33
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Cool robot man! Very impressed with your progress. You are moving fast thats great! I love the attitude! Good work team mate. Keep it up.

John Inman
Agent-X
Old 15-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #34
AimBiZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-X
Cool robot man! Very impressed with your progress. You are moving fast thats great! I love the attitude! Good work team mate. Keep it up.

John Inman
Agent-X
Thank yo very much teammate!

Yep I like to move fast, when I got an idea or I'm making progress in something I use all the time I got.

And good luck to you as well!
Old 16-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #35
AimBiZ

Made a start on texturing the head. This is far from finished but I'm curious to know what you think of it as whole. As you see most of it is just the base of the texture. The real detailwork will be made later. I'll move n and paint the base on the rest of the body so I'll get a clue of how it will look shen it's finished and judge if overall design is good as well and all that.

Well, anyways, here's some pics.

Old 16-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #36
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Like the black and blue colour scheme a lot. Great model. Hang in there. One of my faves.
0202742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #37
AimBiZ

Thank you, glad to hear.
Old 16-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
squirl

thanks a mill man. turns out the concept changed a lil so the gun now fits aroung his arm so its like a 'pata' sword(think thats the name) and he wont need to take it off to whack em. thanks doe, this concept is definatly goin into my insperation folder.

p.s. i like the blue and black sceme but the grayish face works too, draws focus to the blank face.

This T-800 Terminator has encountered a problem and will now close.

would you like to send a report?
squirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #39
AimBiZ

Thanks, yeah I want the face to stand out in some way without having to put a load of details o it. And besides, the excact colorscheme will be: black, darkgrey, grey, lightgrey, glowing teal, a touch of glowing yellow and some blood. :P
Old 17-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #40
AimBiZ

I must say the textures look way better on the renders than on the workspace. Perhaps cause the material gets shiny on the renders covering up all the ugly spots and make it look cleaner. I dunno, still the textures are far from done. Detailwork won't start until everything is mapped and basic coloring and some important details are set out, like the lights.

Here's current progress.

Oh, btw, does anyone know what I should do to make the glowing parts glow even under a shadow, can it be one with texture or must I use lights?
Old 17-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #41
obibok

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge ''UNDEAD ROCK STAR'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
looks nice ... as for glowin if i remeber u can make glow map
obibok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #42
AimBiZ

Nice, I'll look into it.
Old 18-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #43
AimBiZ

Just a quick update on the arms. I'll start with the legs now.

Old 20-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #44
AimBiZ

Ok, then, preliminary work on the body done. I encountered some double faces wich gave me some extra trangles to improve the fingers so they now can bend normally without being flattened out and look like crap.

But now I've encountered an even bigger problem. The "organic" parts of the model are acting strange when they are bent/turned by the skeleton, resulting some part of the faces having the texture streched out and other strange forms. It was worse before what you see on this pic. I came to the conclusion that it must be something with the bindings, so I reskinned those parts and painted new weights, a litle improvement but still problem not solved. Fingers are no problem but the toes also have this problem and the neck and one face on the lower part of the head(neck and head is the same mesh). I'll try to bind the skin again and see what happen. Otherwise, what do you guys think might be causing this if my try won't work. The UV's seem to stay solid on the sheet when the texture gets streched out which confuses me why the mshes even act like this.

Btw, I'm using the pdf files directly from photoshop so I don't have to save into another layerless image all the time to get better workflow. Could that have something to do with it?

Anyways, back to work... and dinner. Any help is very appreciated.
Old 20-02-2007, 03:12 AM   #45
zerorhythm

looking good man! way better than my teapot. hehe.
aren't you going to give the face a few details or a contour of sort?