>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 23-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #76
kogen
Scripting Monkey

Send a message via ICQ to kogen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: he was the 3rd in the Speed Sculpting Challenge #11. Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Thanks Freespace 3DT, there's still some time left so maybe I could add or change something, let's see.

Woha, N's R this looks great. Looks like you captured his expression directly from life.

I was thinking about your problem Thrillhouse 900, and I guess you could try to mask the edge and then pull it out by the inflate-option in the deformation palette. This will push the edge out uniformly. For the fine tuning you could use the clay brush to fill gaps.

Last edited by kogen; 23-11-2008 at 09:34 PM..
kogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #77
darkmonk

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
small update

hi guys,

ok, ive made some very small adjustments to the babyface to define some details, Im not sure what else to add or change so would love to here from you guys about anything you think looks wrong or could do with being added.
if there is nothing more i can do this will more than likely be my final entry and ill post it in the correct place.

Ive also added a very quick render but i know the final entry needs to be a screegrab

the material in the render is a composite of a couple of materials, one of them is the antropus skin shader by k. costa
Attached Images

Old 23-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #78
fatihakin

awesome work N's R.
Old 23-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #79
skulll_monster

Send a message via MSN to skulll_monster Send a message via Yahoo to skulll_monster
hey all !
some great works here...here is mine done in 3 hours, i must start to detail it now...
skulll_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #80
rraj
Student

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
As usual amazing sculpt from skull monster.

My 3 hrs 15 min is over,now i have to blend some muscles and a little work on the jaw and teeth also.

Here is a story again-
A skull which is trying to revive itself into a person.The thing here is.....the skull is pleased to revive itself,but the person that it is reviving into is not at all happy and is in pain thinking about the cruel n hard things he might have to face in life if he is fully revived.
Attached Images

Last edited by rraj; 23-11-2008 at 03:10 PM..
rraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #81
efrenstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
efrenstudios: Welcome to the Threedy forums! As stated in the initial post, the deadline is the 1st of December. Please read the post carefuly for all rules and theme related info, then if you have more questions, feel free to post them. Looking forward to seeing your sculpt and backstory for this challenge!
Very good... there is still a weekend to reply with my work.

I guess is better to prepare my idea before to start to sculpt.

I have been seen good sculpts by the way

Regards!
efrenstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #82
DELTATHUND3R

Some really great works im seeing.
I decided to try a variation of my priest.I went back to a 3hr plus save and quickly tried this to see what it looks like with a monks hood.
Attached Images

DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #83
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Awesome work, I must say! The backstory really puts it in context.
thanks man, i haven't had time to work on it since than but tomorrow should be different story i should have it done finally.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #84
ibrahim_gabr

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Wooow thats great work everyone this challange is great
bryzol:. Amazing work as usual, i think a couple of tears from each eye would have added to the painful side of the sculpt
N's R:. the feeling is really obvious and speaks out for itself awesome job
darkmonk:. The pain version is very sad i like it though
Attached Images

Last edited by ibrahim_gabr; 24-11-2008 at 12:43 AM..
ibrahim_gabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #85
mre

Thanks to acquaint me.I started new work.
i design this work from my mind and in th future i improve it by using some pictures.
1 hours and 9 min.

mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #86
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Thrillhouse: Haha, that's a funny idea, and with more refinement to detail ( I'm mostly talking about the too visible subdivision level ) it should look really good. You've done a cool job mixing organic with inorganic, and slightly more wrinkles in good places ( check out N's R's work for a good example ) will usually increase the impact of an expression.

N's R: Looks almost like a real man. That's some skill. The expression of disgust really sells it. Excellent.

darkmonk: Yeah, there's some subtle details in there that really give it that finishing touch.

skulll_monster: So far it looks spot-on. Now I'm waiting for his expression, because currently that old guy looks bored.

rraj: Superb work! Great concept and you managed to get it looking really expressive and detailed in quite a short amount of time. Even the skeleton looks happy.

efrenstudios: Good luck, then!

DELTATHUND3R: I would crit your anatomy a bit in there, mostly the lips ( which could be bulged up more ) and the neck muscles. I recommend brushing up on some anatomy ( this site is great: http://www.reybustos.com/03ra/ra.html ), it will really help you define your characters.

ibrahim: I guess he's being punched or slapped for something? Looking forward to seeing more from this, it can look really cool when finished.

mre: Great, that's what I'm talking about. Now you've got your character's head sculpted ( and quite nicely ), it's time for an expression. Don't forget your backstory ( what happened to him to make him happy? Or what WILL happen to him to make him be in pain )

It's really cool to see so many creative entries. Keep it up everybody, there's still a week to go!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #87
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
Sadone -thanks for some good words. I have to admit that I like your satyr girl very much too. Nice face expression.
Freespace-3DT - thanks man! Realy nice to read something like this
N's R - great job, realy great detail and expression in such short among of time
skulll_monster - I can't wait to see more.
rraj - nice!
DELTATHUND3R - I agree with Freespace that you could work a bit more about face anatomy, and it will be great.
ibrahim_gabr -Thanks for kind words. I've allready submited my final entry so I can't add any more detail, and I rather wonted to show pleasure from taking pain so I think I whouldn't add tears anyway. I am waiting to see more detail in your sculpt.

And here is my sculpting movie from this challenge: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread...983#post676983
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #88
ibrahim_gabr

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
85mins update

Bryzol:.ooooh i get the idea now, great work man
Freespace:. Thanks man, I hope i finish this one in time with the required level of detail
Attached Images

ibrahim_gabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #89
JayEdwards
Ld. Modeller RelianceVFX

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
lycanthropy

the interim of peace in his life was once again interupted by the rise of the full moon...only an hour so far on this

Cheers
Jango
Attached Images

JayEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #90
N's R

skulll_monster: great model mate, can't wait to see the final.
Sadone: thanks!
fatihakin: thank you Fatih!
bryzol: thanks! your model looks beautiful and thanks a lot for sharing the making of movie.
Freespace-3DT: thanks!
ibrahim_gabr: thanks a lot!

Here is my model after the 4 hours. Mostly worked on the skin details on remaining time. I couldn't decide about the lips so changed their previous exaggerated shape(which seems like a bit smile) to a more neutral one. Hope this one works too.
Attached Images

N's R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenge, mudbox, pain, pleasure, sculpting, speed, zbrush