>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 28-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #46
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
I know that a WIP is not ment to be perfect... I just wanted to make you notice what I saw... just in case you might have overlooked it or so. :-)
I'm really looking forward to see more.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #47
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
-->Up 29 03 09
I reduced the head for better stability of the body, I think it's better this way, a head was not too heavy.
I continue to sculpt and I still have many details yet to be made, I also changed the design of the armor that's a bit more organic, simple and made of metal spikes on the back crude.
the arms are still in draft and I made a huge backbone.
Attached Images

Old 29-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #48
kuugaman

I think the armor suits well with the head and the character so far. Just be careful with the thorns on the armor they can add up to your poly count quite alot =)
kuugaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #49
hardtack

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' 
that one you have there is pretty unique. it reminds me of a dinosaur. sweet!
hardtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #50
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
looking f**king badass dude! love the details on the back, looks really evil and scary! i really need to get back on zbrush and learn more! awesome work mate! keep it up cos i wanna spit my coffee out again next i visit!

alex
Ghostbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #51
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Nice, the new changes really seem to be for the better. I like the back piece, but the "wings" still aren't jiving with me (probably still WIP though). They don't have much structure and seem very abstract right now. You're on a good path though, and plenty of time to get this sculpt perfect.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #52
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I think it looks great that way. The changes seem to work pretty well.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #53
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I like your progress. Good direction!
Watch out though, it can get a little cluttered.

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #54
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Looking good chris_solo!

I like the design direction. I'd watch the balance of the character as his back is looking pretty heavy, though judging by your concept drawings the legs should bring it back into balance.

Your initial sketches look really good, like the style.
chrisskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #55
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
The two things I like the most about your character is the crooked posture and those creepy tentacle tongue-like arms.
I just wanna say: Get those off of me!
Make sure to include the drool in your final mesh, it adds more character.

War General Pet Portrait-

Last edited by Sebiomegas; 03-04-2009 at 07:01 AM..
Sebiomegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #56
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Nice getting into those details! Looks damn good so far I love the head
Old 07-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #57
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
Up 07 04 09

Puckducker, thank you for comments, yes it's true that my first armor was a bit messy and this lack of structure as you said .. so I made a new armor simpler and more built.
JuST, hulahuga, thanks guys!
chrisskinner thanks for your words, yes agree with you, I abandoned this armor, the news is a little lighter and therefore better balance, but the legs have advanced in my modeling.
sebiomegas, yes I will put the spittle, thank you for your advice
Jensen, thank man, very much appreciate,I like your project too and I do fail to see the progression

Progress....a new armor not yet over, I started working down and also research that seems to make good the arm whips ice, see paint over on simulation.
I'm not moving fast but it will be better soon because I take a vacation to finish it on time.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #58
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey man he looks really nasty.......not someone I would make out with
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #59
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I see the tentacle and character texture mainly organic, kinda like internal tissues, all shiny and wet. Anyway your have one scary looking sculpt there.

War General Pet Portrait-

Old 07-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #60
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I like the new armor. it's cleaner. Cool arms!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote