>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Game Art "Army of One"

Old 14-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
Jerico

Made some details to the head. Lets see how well it works with the (upcoming) hat.

Old 14-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Looking awesome dude.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #18
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Yeah this is looking good, well done
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
melvinsqualor

Send a message via AIM to melvinsqualor Send a message via Yahoo to melvinsqualor
Tommy keeps getting wilder by the second. Sculpt is really taking shape.
Old 14-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
I second that. The sculpt is looking better. Especially the beard. Right now it does look like the cheek bones should be less defined, while the upper lip seems like it needs more definition.
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
FANTASTIC! There it is, you really put it back in. I could see some more playing around in the face if you really want to showcase it, maybe a little soul patch under his bottom lip or letting the eyebrows stick out on the side of the brow some more. Great update, can't wait to see more.

Off to work on mine since you're blowing it out of the water
setschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #22
Jerico

Weee! Another update for my dear forum.

Old 15-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #23
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Looking Nice, are you still going to give him the weapon on his back? What is on his back btw?
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
Jerico

Tarik2d: Theres gonna be the trafficsign-axe-thingy, shawed off shotgun and a M4 Carbine in a old winchester rifleholster. Kinda mixing different styles, but the weapons are gonna be there later. The rifle is gonna be in his back... naturally.

Basically the concept is still valid in all ways
Old 16-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #25
Chrisp-3DT
Naughty Kinky Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: lots of posts! 
Total Awards: 2
like the idea and the modelling is cool, but i think the arms need some attention. The wrists are quite thick compared to the rest of the arm. but on the whole good start
Chrisp-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #26
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
looks really cool!

I guess Chrisp-3DT is right and I might also add some other issues I notice:

kneepads seems too high, or the legs seems just too straight, almost rear bent...

the coat thing he's wearing is strange...
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
Jerico

Nice to have constructive comments

The hands really need more work. That's for sure.

About the legs, the cloth fold so that the legs seem distorted. They look to be quite correct in my eyes, but it is true that the kneepads should go more downwards.

The jacket is currently reacting to gear that is non-existent now. The folding is made according some lowpoly placeholders, like the shotgun in the right leg and the weight of the rifle. The design is in my opinion really unique and fun, so it is a bit strange.
Old 16-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #28
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
very good then!
it's a great piece of work!!! keep going!!
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #29
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Dude; awesome concept and an awesome model. I can't wait to see you finish!

Something's bugging me about the face though; his mouth seems a little too wide. More like a gorilla than a man, but hell, it could just be stylized. Plus I don't think I'll care when you're done - the key component for his head is his hat. That's what's eye catching anyway. Just thinking out loud I suppose.

Really can't wait to see the finished product. Keep up the great work!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
Jerico

Happy holidays! Here's where I left the model week ago. Only normal- and color map applied... so the specular might be a bit funny currently. Still lots of work to do

Just a clean screenshot from Blender: