>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Game Art "Army of One"

Old 31-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #76
TKSDeadly

Great entry i am loving your normaping, the result came so good, i wish i can do that, GOOD LUCK!!!

Regards
TKSDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #77
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
Come on SEREGA! You must take a very high place
berendey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #78
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Hi everyone!!! thanks alot for the support guys!!! I very appreciate that. it gives me a strength to going further.

Quote:
buzz001. One more question I'm doing my UVs and I can't make the shell spacing any larger then 1024 in Maya '08. How can I make it the 2048 that is recomended for thr challenge.
don't care about this spacing (if you mean option in Layout UVs Shell Spacing) I use this automatic layout on rare occasions and only for draft result. Usually I make layout by hands. if you want you can try to set "spacing presets" in custom mode and move "prescentage space" slider to minimum value but this option have no connection to the challenge recomendation. It just the UV layout controller not the size of texture map. The resolution of you map 2048X2048 set in photoshop image opion box or any paint software wich you use.

Quote:
VinsanityV20.I gotta wonder though, since you unwrap things before bringing them into Zbrush, do that mean you unwrap everything individually then just offset them before sculpting? Then you sculpt, bring everything back and rearrange the Unwrap for texturing then? Before you bake? I just don't see how you can bring in all the props individually when you should attach them all to unwrap them...Oh, and Happy New Years man!
First of all thanks for New Year congratulation!!!)))
I never unwrap model for hi poly sculpt in Zbrush only low poly model wich i reconstruct (make retopology- to simplify this task you can use Topogun(the Prize for the 1st place in this challenge), Polyboost for Max or DrasterNex for Maya ) then i bake normal, occlusion and cavity maps in x-normal software(Maya, Max) in projection mode. This mean that you don't need UW map on hipoly model only lowpoly. I bake normal map part by part and then combine pieces in to the one sheet in photoshop.
If this part of job not clear enough for understanding tell me and i try to explain.
Happy New Year!!!

berendey thanks ALEX but it will be a hard task because here many strong challengers!
Fbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #79
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Looking really great. Some of the details look pretty flat, like the guntlets and the vest buttons. Were they part of the original sculpt, or did you add them after somehow?
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #80
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Quote:
lampshadehead . Looking really great. Some of the details look pretty flat, like the guntlets and the vest buttons. Were they part of the original sculpt, or did you add them after somehow?
Thanks. Flatness of some parts is my mistake. i'm not so good in low poly as i want(((

Here is my Beauty Shot.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #81
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Hi! Here is my final update!!! Thank to everyone who supported me during this competition!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Fbios; 03-01-2010 at 08:17 PM..
Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #82
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Awesome man. Really great job! Keep up the great work.
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #83
TKSDeadly

Congrats!!! bud on finishing

Great Work!

Good LUCK!!!

Regards
TKSDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #84
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
congrats on finishing model looks awesome all around good luck.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #85
digitalinkmind
mind traveller

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 7
Great work!Really cool looking character
Reminds me a lot the "Marked One" from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Congrats for the awesome job and good luck on the judging
digitalinkmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #86
Renan Leser

Send a message via MSN to Renan Leser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbios View Post
I never unwrap model for hi poly sculpt in Zbrush only low poly model wich i reconstruct (make retopology- to simplify this task you can use Topogun(the Prize for the 1st place in this challenge), Polyboost for Max or DrasterNex for Maya ) then i bake normal, occlusion and cavity maps in x-normal software(Maya, Max) in projection mode. This mean that you don't need UW map on hipoly model only lowpoly. I bake normal map part by part and then combine pieces in to the one sheet in photoshop.
If this part of job not clear enough for understanding tell me and i try to explain.
Correct me if i'm wrong:

First you did all the high poly modeling, with separated pieces in subtools;
Second: you did the retopology, creating the low poly model from the high poly sculpting;
Third: You baked the maps in Xnormal, from high to low poly model, using projection (just as it can be done in 3dsmax, using render to texture). And the assets you baked each one apart from the body mesh, is that right?
Renan Leser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #87
Fbios

Awards Showcase
digitalinkmind thanks!!! Your work in Digital Painting "The Lonely Soldier" section is very impressive!

Renan Leser you absolutely right.