>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Game Art "Army of One"

Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
All thanks. Your comments help to go forward and not to throw working out of the character

changed trousers for shorts. added base of legs and boots. i'll detail it next time
Attached Images

berendey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
exigaen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
really looking excellent! may i ask how you created your base mesh? zspheres or some other modelling program?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Not much to add from me...
She is looking pretty good
I liked the shape, and the size of her legs on the first zbursh picture that you gave us earlier.

I hope you will be able to finish this.
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #19
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
exigaen for the first sketch i use only zbrush with zspheres for body and polysphere for head to feel the form and define proportions. after i do retopology in 3d max with polyboost on different parts of character and back it in zbrush for final detailed.

Cordero Has looked this morning at my picture. Probably it is necessary to make feet more graceful
Old 09-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #20
exigaen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by berendey View Post
exigaen for the first sketch i use only zbrush with zspheres for body and polysphere for head to feel the form and define proportions. after i do retopology in 3d max with polyboost on different parts of character and back it in zbrush for final detailed.
cool its always nice to get an idea of others preferred workflow. i do something similar myself, but using maya and Nex
Old 09-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
great job! and fast too!!
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
berendey

Awards Showcase
Mr.fE thx !

corrected proportions and made the base of spear and knife.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
The character is looking great so far. I love the knife design, but to be honest, I'm just not feeling the spear yet. I think it's a little too straight edged on top, but that's just my opinion.

Keep it going, and let's see some more updates.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #24
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Yeah i think these legs looks better.

I agree with SR_6274, you should do something with the spear. Maybe a longer "sticking" part if you know what i mean.

Great work, keep it up!
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #25
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 5
I on the contrary think longer legs look better. But anyway great job with sculpting.
Martin_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #26
avishek

Awards Showcase
Awesome

==========================
Circa1850
Colour Pencils
Old House
avishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #27
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
I guess with shorter legs she gives more the idea of a "combative woman" while the log ones are obviously more "sexy"

...I'll go for short...just for the sake of the background story!
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #28
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Watch out for the lower/higher leg ratio... Right now the thighs seem a bit long. Also care with the shoulder/hip width...

Keep em coming

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #29
berendey

Awards Showcase
some corrections
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #30
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Wow!!! Cool stuff!
Fbios is offline   Reply With Quote