>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Game Art "Army of One"

Old 20-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' 
Total Awards: 5
Great start!
Martin_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #17
Ihazard

I love that concept art that you found, really inspiring.

The sculpt that you've done looks good, I like the padded inside of the armour , however I think that the armour itself (or the neck piece, I don't know how you'd classify it) looks a bit too soft, therefore I think you'd be better hard surface modelling it in max or maya
Old 20-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
cheers guys, i think ive finished up the bust and will be moving on to the body, times running out!, ill be sure to stick to as much hard surfacing modelling as I can to make things have a harder edge!
Attached Images

Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
Ihazard

wow, thats got a lot of character to it! keep it up
Old 20-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
dark_maggot
Carlos Venegas 3D Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
That is looking pretty bad ass man, keep it up.

Cheers.
dark_maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
wow
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #22
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
thanks alot guys! heres an update guys, trying to get the sculpt done by the end of the weekend! so i can spend a decent amount of time texturing. man i hope i finish, anyone know about possible extension on the competition?
Attached Images

Old 26-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #23
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
sweet work man, I wish it was possible to get an extension too, but I don't see that happening...holidays killed this one for me, guess we're gonna have to make it work

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
Mclean

Awards Showcase
yep looks like its a fight to the end, heres some gloves im sculpting based on new set of military gloves in the US army.
Attached Images

Old 27-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #25
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Haha i might say that i'm kinda glad that you might make it for this one is a killer !!! I'm totally speechless. You Are amazing!!!!
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #26
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
very nice work. ur understanding on sculpting cloth is pretty good. R u using zbrush polysphere's for the hi poly or importing a base mesh?
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
Mclean

Awards Showcase
cheers guys, im honoured! as for the sculpting part i make base meshes in 3dsmax then "shell" modifier them to aviod that wierd tearing that happens in zbrush when theres 1 sided polys, then when im done sculpting i take the lowest sub-d into max and delete unnecessary polys before unwraping and baking, hopes thats helped E4sy!
Old 30-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #28
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Sculpt finished!

finally done it, the hardest sculpt ive done so far, im shattered!, im going to get the low poly finished tonight which gives me 4 days to texture! man i hope i do it! heres the sculpt!
Attached Images

Old 30-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #29
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Very cool concept. Your sculpt and modeling skills are impressive. Good proportions of body. I hope you'll complete texture right in time!
Fbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #30
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
excellent work I really want to see this one finished, one of my fav.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote