>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art

Old 13-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #46
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Appr_oved - Thanks

buzz001 - I was planning to do that, I'd think it'd get a bit swollen from something like that x.x And thank you very much!

poopipe - Thanks a lot The velvet would be an amazing touch I'd never think about. And yes, thank you for the confirmation and help!

What do you guys think of this? I think it would fit the general theme a bit better, she would def have more class as well haha ^__^ (Thanks for the find mister)

TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #47
armians
wannabe artist

ooooyeah, this outfit would be a killer! x]
armians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #48
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
armians - Thank youu XP

I did a quick paint over of what I can modify her outfit to be (and with a lot more detail than the concept shows). I've rotated the pipes on her chest to face up, as if I were here, I wouldn't want smoke by my face. The chest/stomach area can be closed (but I don't think that's nearly as sexy), but I like that you can see where the pipes enter her chest and you will see that it's swollen. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you for the support again! ^____^

Old 14-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #49
Moridin

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I like the costume, ...I think a open stomach will look better
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #50
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Go with the picture. The outfit will fit right up your alley with this model, since your original already has a high collar.
Old 16-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #51
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
That last sketch looks awesome. I think you're well within the bounds of steampunk, so, make it happen, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #52
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Moridin - Agreed. And thanks

buzz001 - Added a collar. Hope you like it

Warlock 279 - Thank you very much! ^_^

Hey guys! It's been a few days, haven't slept yet today but making good progress. Here is her completed body, minus the back gear. Here are some detail shots as well. Time for bed!

Last edited by TerraBite; 19-01-2010 at 11:49 AM..
Old 19-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #53
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Really great work! I love all the little details you put on her.

I might add, that her arms seems to be a little bit short.
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #54
bibhuti

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
it's an amazing work. Detailing is great keep it up.
bibhuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #55
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Sculpt looks really nice. I like the logo on the dog tag. Really nice detailing in the gloves and and around the opening in the front of her outfit. I think you're missing the bones in the ankle?

I'll second the motion that the arms look a bit short, but I think its just an illusion cause by the height of the heels, making the legs look really long.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #56
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Looking good well done. U going to do the low Res now?
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #57
buzz001

Awards Showcase
This is looking good bro. Love the gear cut-out in the shoes nice touch.
Old 20-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #58
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
very nice, really like the details. Only thing you could fix IMO is the folds on the cr0tch area because they look kind of weird other than that looks good, keep it up.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #59
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Thank you soo much for the support guys, again. ^__^ I'm making a lot of adjustments and starting her other gear at this very moment.

Cordero - Thank you and I've adjusted her arms, next update!

bibhuti - Thank you much!

Warlock 279
- Ah, adding in those ankles :P And adjusting those arms as well. Thank you

Tarik2d - Thanks! And I'll be retopoing once the rest of her gear is done (almost done)

buzz001 - Glad you like it! And by the way, I am no bro

xxxcubanxxx - Thanks! And I agree, I'll be fixing that for next update ^__^
Old 20-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #60
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
hmmm, any chance of showcasing your character's outfit???

see this is what you get for posting this pics.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote