>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 22-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
octogeranio
Create your custom world

DWIV-3D-Octogeranio-Untitled

Hi everyone,

well, here I am to join the threedies. I'll try to help with a 3D evil abomination. No name by the moment.

Here I post two primer drawings of this spider-like creature. Seems very cute, but I'm interested on giving him a more rocky looking. Since it is suposed to live in caverns, this could make him mimic the environment. He's also blind and has only a primordial mouth (that will be visible through translucient skin), so a pet with enormous eyes, placed on his shoulder, will guide him in the battle to the happy end of lots of enemies slaughtered (I'm still thinking on the pet-character).

Waiting for adds from the fellows in the thread to improve the desing.

Salu2,

Octogeranio
Attached Images

octogeranio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
Good to see another spider-like entry! It looks a little off balance right now to me as the legs are behind the main mass so it looks like it would be constantly trying to avoid falling forwards onto its face. Pretty good aside from that though
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Cool. I think he's very compact right now, it doesn't look like he'd be able to properly balance his front torso/head. Maybe give his legs a big more of a wider stance and spread things out a bit. Great start though, keep at it.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
octogeranio
Create your custom world

you're right...

Yes,

I thought there was something strange but I haven't noticed it. It's necesary to put the legs' insertion of each side closer one to the other, and advance them fordwards a little bit.

To give him a more rock-like aspect I'm also going to add some features like reduced armoring in the shoulders and other places, so that this extra weight will lead to break his no-mouth repeatedily by falling fordwards.

Thanks for the add.

Salu2,

Octogeranio
Old 22-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek
cool concept, now get crackin' !
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
octogeranio
Create your custom world

more ideas, less time

Hi,

here I post some references I'd like to include, since in the next three days maybe I'll be away from the PC.

I'm going to enlarge the abdomen, ending it up in two little pseudopods helping to deposit eggs on the ground. This, aside with redistribution of legs will correct the balance looking.

For inspiration I always go to the classics, and Henson is the most in puppeting. For the armor parts I want something dirty, away from polished metal, and more similar to that of 'skeksis' from The Dark Cristal.

For the pet-guide I have thought in something with a face like 'mystics' from the same film, but with very big eyes, like those of mounts of dark knights from Labyrinth, but in dark evil black. Body, maybe something frog-like.

Only some ideas.

I'll post again when concepts completed.

Salu2,

Octogeranio
Attached Images

Tags
3ds, abomination, demon