>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 25-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #46
cashfire

Here is my second go at it, the first one was a hour and 20 minutes, and this one was a hour....Still ave one more idea that I might wanna use as my final..
Name:  chopper.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  60.1 KB
cashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #47
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Send a message via MSN to MadComputerUser
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
nice work, looks cool, i might have another go, have a few ideas
MadComputerUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #48
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Hey everybody,
I found alittle time to get started on my pumpkin. Im trying out some methods that are alittle different then what I usually do. Im about 1.5 hour in.
Attached Images

slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #49
3dhorus

Send a message via MSN to 3dhorus
Hello Guys !!!

Nice work you have done here ... and varied !!!

Put two more screens that did this morning ... more or less 3 hours spent!

Hugs!
Attached Images

3dhorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #50
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
hey longhi, don't mean to be a stick in the mud but we can't allow the use of additional objects in the scene - sorry! it's pumpkins only i'm afraid
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #51
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' 
Total Awards: 13
Hey lynette, I know that, but I just auto groups - group split the base mesh that you gave me.
the top of the pumpkin is like another object on the .obj, I just separated them.
We have done this in all sculpting challenges, but if in this one its not allowed, there is no problem.
I'm having fun making this =D
thank you
www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #52
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Hi Guys
I made a Pumpkin matcap for those entering the competition.
Hope you like it.

Download here:
GW_PumpKin.zip (462 KB)

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #53
DELTATHUND3R

Some really nice pumkin heads.
Sathe thanks for the matcap..Awsome mats u make .
I havent had any time to do anything with this 1.I might not make it so good luck to all who enter this challenge.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #54
3dhorus

Hi Guys !!!

Sathe - Thanks for the Material , this looks so good ... and i test it on a new Pumpkin !!!

Here goes another screen ...

Hugs !!!
Attached Images

Old 25-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #55
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Send a message via MSN to MadComputerUser
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
im pretty sure we are NOT allowed other objects, i.e, the knife. Correct me if im wrong

Deadly Poison Studios

MadComputerUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #56
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
hey guys,

ok, so i wrote a whole speech about the use of the lid object and then 3dhorus went and posted his funky sculpt in which the lid incorporates a knife - which has obviously been sculpted in place of a stem. i have had a think about this subject and i think 3dhorus has made great use of the lid concept, and i feel that it is still in keeping with the brief.

however, i don't want the lid of the .obj to be taken as a separate object and sculpted into something that is not reminiscent of a pumpkin lid (sorry, longhi ). the lid can be incorporated in another way, i.e. on a different part of the pumpkin, such as used in place of a nose or placed inside the pumpkin - as long as it keeps its lid origin/form, but i do not believe it is fair to take the lid of the pumpkin .obj and turn it into something that is not essentially acting as a lid, or of lid form but used elsewhere on the pumpkin. does everyone agree that this is fair?

in previous challenges, we have not allowed the use of eye objects to be used as alternative objects, such as to form an item of clothing (for example), and so i believe it is fair to stick to this same motto here and ask that the lid is treated as a lid. the .obj gives you a clear pumpkin and a lid. 3dhorus's use of the lid, although it incorporates a knife, is still effectively a lid - this is fine. but i can't allow the use of the lid to be turned into a non-lid like object, such as a man.

everyone ok with this? let me know what you think - i'm all thinked out!
Old 25-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #57
3dhorus

MadComputerUser - Hi Friend ... the knife is not a SUBTOOL ...

... the BASE MESH is the only thing i used for all Pumpkins here .

Hugs !!!
Old 25-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #58
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Quote:
im pretty sure we are NOT allowed other objects, i.e, the knife. Correct me if im wrong
from the looks of it, the knife seems to have been sculpted from the stem of the lid. it doesn't look like a separate object has been added. can you confirm this for us, 3dhorus?
Old 25-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #59
3dhorus

Yes Lynette-3dt ... but i can do the changes if you want or is no right .

Sorry for the English ... i need the help of Google Translator .
Old 25-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #60
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
hey 3dhorus,

i personally believe that your knife is an extension of the stem. i think madcomputeruser was worried that you'd added another object to the scene, but i can see that you've used the stem of the lid to form the knife - i believe this is OK.

i'm off to bed in a mo as it's been a long week and i have episodes of 24 to watch, so if anyone has any questions about any of what's been said this evening then i'll check in tomorrow. in the meantime, happy sculpting, people!