>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 16-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
DWIV - 3D - Warbringerd - Untitled

Well here goes nothing, I spent some time concepting today but nothing really panned out, I'm more than likely going to go with the demon abomination. Thinking on some sort of behemoth artillery type demon or possible a quick moving assassin type. Got some ideas but again I have to start to flesh it out a bit more. Good luck to us all!!!
Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
well first quick concept, not sure I'm all that happy with it, I will be doing some, pencil on paper I think...Moves fater for me that way.
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Alrighty then, I put some pencil to paper and I'm much happier with the results, I might do a couple more but right now I'm leaning towards this particular design, let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #4
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Pretty wicked looking. This is gonna be interesting to see where this is headed.
Old 17-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Sick concept. It's going to be good
Ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
nice concept. Maybe the stinger/end of tail could look more vicious/threatening?
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
Tekei

Send a message via MSN to Tekei
It looks awesome!
Looking forward to the 3d
Tekei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Koeri Kun(ST)
Subterran Homesick Lurker

Send a message via MSN to Koeri Kun(ST)
This totally rocks! I suggest you to take a look at this interview for some ideas about connecting limbs (and more)
http://www.pixologic.com/interview/epic/1/
Koeri Kun(ST) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
mel_danes
Occupant

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Does the little series of arms scoop up squirming lil' people to get them to it's maw?
mel_danes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
SR_6274 : Thanks man I hope I can keep the flow going, I'm going to see what Ican come up with today.

Ichiban: Thanks, again it might not be the final product and I'm hoping I can get the final to look half as good.

Joseph Pomeisl: Hey thanks for the input, yea wasn't sure if I wanted the tail to be stingers thought it might be too obvious, but now that I think about it I'm sure I can come up with an interesting way to incorporate something a bit more vicious like for the back end.

Tekei: Thanks, I hope it turns out, I can see some very interesting details in my head, and I hope I can get them to translate.

Koeri Kun (ST): good sight, I love what they did with the designs for gears and gears 2.. Yea I plan to use a tone of reference from real life ( legs are encased in hard shell much like a lobster) but also from places like other artists sculpts just to get a fun yet organic and beleivable look. Thanks for the feedback.

Mel_Danes:Yea the little arms are both feeder arms and for restraint of unruly victims, the tentacles suck the souls from the body and then the feeder arms seperate the body into pieces for digestion. The souls then get stored into sacs along the back of the creature. The souls then get digested and secreted as a cooling plasma and shell lubricant for the creature, this highly energized secretion also acts as an Electromagnetic Liquid which can be devestating to machinery.
Old 17-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
patient09

it's war and you're bringing it. huge improvement in concept.

nice work.
patient09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Kk guys got another concept today, I might head in a different direction for the next one, I like the new one but the last one I did I think is still a bit of a front runner for me. The tail has a rubbery membrain with barbs for snagging any hapless victim where it can the rend them apart with either its powerful mandible apendages or with its armor plated legs(which it can also use to grasp its next meal(s) let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Old 18-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #13
Loafie

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
ho.ly.****.
Loafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
silverflame

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: game art Weapon Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in smc 55 - On your marks Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #76 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in smc 52 - take a closer look Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 17
That looks menacing, can imagine it lurking high in dark places then swooping down and making coleslaw of its victims with those spiked appendages

Portfolio Website

Coroflot Profile
silverflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #15
McKronic
Lighter/Compositor

Send a message via MSN to McKronic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the Low-Poly Challenge #28B - Vehicle 
Total Awards: 3
im liking all your concepts, the last one might look more viscous with a bigger mouth or maybe even more then one mouth. Once again its hard to say which one you should run with they're both very solid

2009 Demo on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaxYcy6VBI
McKronic is offline   Reply With Quote