>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 18-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #16
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Silverflame:Hey man thanks, yea I'm sure i would always keep an eye over the shoulder just incase. My thought for these guys was not to have them as one or two hunter types but rather in a swarm of 20-30 or so, they would wreak a tremendous amount of carnage I think.

McKronic: Its funny you mention the larger mouth, I totally agree and I actually have an idea on how it would look in me head, whenI was drawing it I wasn't sure where and what things were going to be and onvce I got everything in there I wasn't really able to enlarge the mouth without loosing some of the other detail. Once I take it (if I don't do it for DomWar IV I will eventually do it for myself) to model I will implement the more vicious mouth. Thanks for your input, keep it coming.
Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #17
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Kk guys here is yet another Concept, I decided to go in a bit of a different direction from the last 2, this one isn't as finished as the other two either. I'm unsure as to what I want to do with the belly area, I might leave it for now and see what direction other people are going so that I might diverge and have something different (provided I decide to go with this particular design) anyhow from the 3 that are here (disregard the first post, as you can see my concepting in photoshop is disturbingly poor at best) I'm a bit undecided to which one I want to do, if you guys have any thoughts I would love to hear them.
Attached Images

Old 19-03-2009, 04:38 AM   #18
patient09

i'd say 2 with some Gears of War type detail.

i like the stitching and chains from 3 too.
patient09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 04:46 AM   #19
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
I like this latest one the best so far. For me, it has the most personality. I'm just wondering how he is going to move with all those chains attached. Maybe make the chains a little longer, so he can at least crawl more that 3 inches at a time.
Old 19-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #20
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
I like the concept, but I think I would prefer it without stictches and chains. I would like to see some crazy looking drool and just slimy **** all over that sucker. Something like from Aliens cacoon.
Old 19-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
Loafie

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
damn your skills. my vote though is with the flying beast
Loafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Hey guys thanks for your thoughts, my idea about the chains is either they extend out the other side of the arms and get pulled back and forth or that they actually come from somewhere inside the body each time he decides to move. I'm not totally sold on the stitching either, will be some of the details I will have to work out. I have the Gears detailing in mind, that stuff is awesome. I figured him to be a Jabba like creature interms of size, he has a slug like back end and I intend to have him with an excessive amount of pustules all over, but focused mainly on his lower abdomin, they pop and ooze allowing him to pull himself rather easily.
But again I really appreciate the feedback, I might try for one more today to see what kind of direction I might take.
Old 19-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
I really like the chains, I think you should keep them in, and maybe even elaborate on them, have them featured more through the design.

One quick note though to keep in mind...chains are huge poly hogs when it comes to low poly. So, maybe just keep in mind how expensive it'd be to add chains if you're not able to achieve them with just an alpha plane or pure texture. I think some people from last year can really attest to that fact.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #24
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Ok, seems like I have been on a bit of a drawing spree, which to my surprise has actually been quite productive (shows what standing around for 6 hours at work can do for your creative process) Anyways I want to have a design chosen for this weekend so I can start on the base mesh, and with that said here is what I think is the last of my concepts, If you guys have any thoughts I would love to hear them.
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
How is he going to move? Besides for that, I'm really digging this latest drawing.
Old 20-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #26
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Very cool concepts!! I like the spider looking one with the tentacles and the winged one. I feel those are strong in design. They also look realistic in terms of form and function.

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #27
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
My Idea is his lower half is a writhing mass of souls and remains that spin about him much like a tornado, this would allow him to move at great speeds.
Old 20-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #28
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
So I think I'm going to go with choice number 3, As much as I like all the other ideas ( and I'm thinking they will eventually all get modeled) I feel that number 3 stands to have the most to offer interms of possibilities to be great. So wish me luck and I hope to have some mesh done for later today.
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
Chrisp-3DT
Naughty Kinky Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: lots of posts! 
Cool concepts, 2 has to be my favorite out of the bunch but i can see the potential of 3 to be a cool beastie I will look forward to seeing this bad boy modelling.
Chrisp-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #30
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
I really like #2 as well, #3 is also really cool, damn they are all cool!
Darchand is offline   Reply With Quote